SIGforum
What's your neighborhood planning for Halloween? Need ideas?

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/320601935/m/6820012574

October 04, 2020, 01:35 PM
ftttu
What's your neighborhood planning for Halloween? Need ideas?
We have a small community center, so each year the neighbors go there, decorate the bed of their truck or car trunk and hand out candy to the kiddos. There is still trick or treating going on in the neighborhood. but there aren’t a large number of children here. This year, however, there is no consensus yet, but it looks like it will be only trick or treating.

Retired Texas Lawman, now active reserve
October 04, 2020, 05:39 PM
Expert308
Not many kids around here. There used to be more but they've all grown up and there haven't been any younger families moving in. Last year my doorbell rang once on Halloween, the year before twice. My inclination is to just go dark and read a book (if the dogs will leave me alone to do it, they've been really clingy lately), but I'll probably go ahead and buy one bag of candy and pass it out as far as it goes.

Maybe set it out on the front porch decked out in cobwebs with a "Help Yourself - If You Dare!" sign on it. If I was really ambitious and could find the parts, I'd set up a recording of a hideous scream triggered by a motion sensor or trembler switch on the candy bowl.
October 04, 2020, 06:43 PM
flashguy
quote:
Originally posted by ftttu:
We have a small community center, so each year the neighbors go there, decorate the bed of their truck or car trunk and hand out candy to the kiddos. There is still trick or treating going on in the neighborhood. but there aren’t a large number of children here. This year, however, there is no consensus yet, but it looks like it will be only trick or treating.
My church has been doing that for many years, calling it "Trunk or Treat". Not sure if it will be done this year, though.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth
October 05, 2020, 02:30 AM
ftttu
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:
quote:
Originally posted by ftttu:
My church has been doing that for many years, calling it "Trunk or Treat". Not sure if it will be done this year, though.

flashguy

Same here. Our Trunk or Treat is put on by our civic center with help from our church next door - they share a parking lot. Kids always have a great time. We used to have a hayride, but we can’t get anyone to volunteer anymore.

Retired Texas Lawman, now active reserve
October 17, 2020, 10:42 AM
sigmonkey

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!