SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Name "Lynch" to be removed from names of two elementary schools-guess why.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Name "Lynch" to be removed from names of two elementary schools-guess why. Login/Join 
Picture of nojoy
posted
https://www.google.com.ua/amp/...lready-know-why/amp/

If you donate land to a school district, and your name is Patrick Lynch, it could be considered racist. No word yet if Loretta or Marshawn Lynch donated land and a school or building has their last name used would be a bad thing. Double standard? hmmm.

Posts: 1292 | Location: Marysville, WA 98271 | Registered: March 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Lord help us.

Posts: 7010 | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 229DAK
posted Hide Post
Comet! Paging Para's comet!

Posts: 8999 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ulsterman:
Lord help us.

Yes, no doubt that we need His help!

However, it may be too late and He has given up on this nation which was founded on His principles, and has continued for the last few decades to throw Him out of the country.

To quote one of His many prophecies: "If you again turn away from me, I will take away the blessings I have bestowed on you even faster than I gave them to you!"

Loosely quoted, from memory.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25640 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of LimaCharlie
posted Hide Post
Portland, Oregon has gone past liberal into bat-stuff crazy. Unfortunately, they outvote the rest of the state combined.

U.S. Army, Retired

Posts: 3725 | Location: Northwest Oregon | Registered: June 12, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"will be known temporarily as Wood Elementary"

So, no one finds the sexual connotation offensive?

Posts: 7010 | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Sooooo Loretta Lynch will be changing her name.....right???

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7623 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Yellow Jacket
posted Hide Post
Either give the land (and any improvements) back to the donor, or pay him fair market (present) value of the land.

God's mercy: NOT getting what we deserve!
God's grace: Getting what we DON'T deserve!

"If the enemy is in range, so are you." - Infantry Journal

Bob
P239 40 S&W
Endowment NRA
Viet Nam '69-'70

Posts: 1099 | Location: Fayette County, GA | Registered: April 14, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Vote the
BASTIDS OUT!
Picture of yanici
posted Hide Post
Gonna halfta rename Lynchburg VA, I guess.

John

"Building a wall will violate the rights of millions of illegals." [Nancy Pelosi]

Posts: 2400 | Location: N.E. Massachusetts | Registered: June 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Any suggestions for Washington and Lee University? We have a local school, Jefferson Davis Elementary. I believe they use numbers in NYC.

Posts: 17164 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
Wonder what they'd think of my 70 pound 'Coonhound' in that retarded city. Wink

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
While they are at it . . .

I've got an easy and cheap way to bring back some of the poorer, run down neighborhoods in our inner cities.

All the Martin Luther King streets, drives, and avenues should all be renamed to Penny Lane or some harmless name. Roll Eyes

Posts: 4005 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not easy being me
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cslinger:
Sooooo Loretta Lynch will be changing her name.....right???

I have a good friend from high school whose first name is Lynch. It's a family name, so he's Lynch III, and his son is Lynch IV.

Posts: 2769 | Location: Middle TN | Registered: March 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mikeyspizza:
While they are at it . . .

I've got an easy and cheap way to bring back some of the poorer, run down neighborhoods in our inner cities.

All the Martin Luther King streets, drives, and avenues should all be renamed to Penny Lane or some harmless name. Roll Eyes

Gotcha

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
hys·te·ri·a.

[həˈstirēə, həˈsterēə]

NOUN

exaggerated or uncontrollable emotion or excitement, especially among a group of people:

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29593 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
And what do we call dear Loretta now, the former AG?

Posts: 17114 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Master of one hand
pistol shooting
Picture of Hamden106
posted Hide Post
The diversity of the English language should be tolerated.

SIGnature
NRA Benefactor CMP Pistol Distinguished

Posts: 6291 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post