SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Winter Olympics
Page 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... 16
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Winter Olympics Login/Join 
Picture of RAEIndustries
posted Hide Post
I like all th events but sounds like hockey might be a sleeper this year

Shawn Rife

www.raeind.com

Posts: 175 | Registered: October 25, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jimbo54:
Anybody else watch the US women's hockey team kick ass against the Russian team? 5 zip! I'll admit I never watched women's hockey before but I'm really impressed with the quality of play. Those gals put on a show.

Jim

Saw a few minutes of the replay tonight. Always good to beat up on the Russians.

Watch the USA/Canada game whenever that happens later in the games.

Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain. Jack Kerouac

Posts: 16378 | Registered: March 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RAEIndustries:
I like all the events but sounds like hockey might be a sleeper this year

The preliminaries for the women will be like this. Not many teams can touch the USA or Canadians, womens teams.

Men's will be a little different. Russia will bring an almost pro-level team from KHL. We can't compete at that level without NHL players. Canada will be in the same boat but not as bad I don't think.

Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain. Jack Kerouac

Posts: 16378 | Registered: March 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/UptsW3pbCJM

What man is a man that does not make the world better. -Balian of Ibelin

Only boring people get bored. - Ruth Burke

Posts: 8227 | Registered: September 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Shaun White is just incredible. Wow. He da' man.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30297 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
^^^Yup. I figured ud post on that.

I wish someone would teach them how to handle the flag though. Drug it on the ground like an old blanket

posted Hide Post
Shaun White comes through. The Japanese kid...actually, their whole team was pretty badass, those kids really can get up there. They pushed White probably as hard as he's every been challenged.

Wished White would've draped the flag around his neck but, he was pretty emotional. The guy is bawling his eyes-out.

Posts: 14571 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
I know where South Korea got thier idea for decorating the skating rink.

I just cant unsee it

Do No Harm,
Do Know Harm
posted Hide Post
Those snow boarders could absolutely FLY.

Amazing. Human helicopters.

Knowing what one is talking about is widely admired but not strictly required here.

Although sometimes distracting, there is often a certain entertainment value to this easy standard.
-JALLEN

"All I need is a WAR ON DRUGS reference and I got myself a police thread BINGO." -jljones

Posts: 11444 | Location: NC | Registered: August 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
White crushed it!

That Japanese dude was good too. Surprised the Americans weren’t better over all.

I enjoy both, but The men make the women look like shitty amateurs when it comes to some\most of these sports, especially snowboarding.

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do No Harm,
Do Know Harm
posted Hide Post
I wonder what restrictions the N Koreans have imposed on them from their Dear Leader. You think they have handlers that are keeping watch?

You think their families are locked up ready to be tortured if they don't return?

Knowing what one is talking about is widely admired but not strictly required here.

Although sometimes distracting, there is often a certain entertainment value to this easy standard.
-JALLEN

"All I need is a WAR ON DRUGS reference and I got myself a police thread BINGO." -jljones

Posts: 11444 | Location: NC | Registered: August 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
The North Korean figure skaters did really well.

They’re actually the only Norks in the games who qualified on merit.

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do No Harm,
Do Know Harm
posted Hide Post
Anyone else notice that most or almost all of the vocals for the songs used in figure skating, for all the countries, are in English (most are very popular artists Elvis/Beatles/Cohen)?

-JALLEN

Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Deqlyn:

I wish someone would teach them how to handle the flag though. Drug it on the ground like an old blanket

LOL - I was watching last night and yelling at the TV, "Would SOMEONE please take that fucking flag from him!?!....Ahhwh geeze...don't step on it!"

I'll give the dude a pass though. He's a dopey stoner that somehow got his favorite activity into the Olympics and crushed it. He was proud as hell to wave that flag around and likely wasn't paying attention in civics during "flag code" class.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12305 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
On TV this morning: Men's double luge. Looks......"cozy".

Posts: 1474 | Location: Washington | Registered: August 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chongosuerte:
I wonder what restrictions the N Koreans have imposed on them from their Dear Leader. You think they have handlers that are keeping watch?

You think their families are locked up ready to be tortured if they don't return?

I think it's absolutely certain that each NorK attending the Olympics has at least one, probably several, family members/loved ones locked up in a 'safe place' to protect against defection. Anybody who defects will know that their loved ones will be tortured to death as punishment.

The msm's soppy love affair with all the NorKs only fools the idiots; North Korea is perhaps the most oppressive government on the planet.

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21821 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin1069:
quote:
Originally posted by Deqlyn:

LOL - I was watching last night and yelling at the TV, "Would SOMEONE please take that fucking flag from him!?!....Ahhwh geeze...don't step on it!"

I'll give the dude a pass though. He's a dopey stoner that somehow got his favorite activity into the Olympics and crushed it. He was proud as hell to wave that flag around and likely wasn't paying attention in civics during "flag code" class.

He has apologized: http://www.msn.com/en-us/sport...i=BBmkt5R&ocid=ientp

Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chongosuerte:

They don't have to lock them up. Li'l Kim knows exactly where to find the families, and the athletes know it. It isn't the U.S. - there is no hiding in North Korea. I would also guess that their minders aren't more than a step or two from the athletes at any time.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53117 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Too much figure skating on TV. That is the most boring event I can imagine, and my wife eats it up. Even little girls' gymnastics in the summer games is more interesting.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53117 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
Too much figure skating on TV. That is the most boring event I can imagine, and my wife eats it up. Even little girls' gymnastics in the summer games is more interesting.

Don't you talk about my figure skating that way!