SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Winter Olympics
Page 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 16
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Winter Olympics Login/Join 
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by corsair:

The scandal with the US Gymnastics team is in the process of shedding light on how the USOC takes care of it's athletes or, doesn't. I'm gonna guess that after these games, there's gonna be some big changes.

I wouldn’t bet on it. USOC is slim shady, just like FIFA. It will take years. They are as crooked as a snake.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12568 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
Tivo is helping make it watchable for me. Recorded both NBC Sports and NBC broadcasts tonight, slamming through in Olympic record time.

Posts: 18016 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
Not expecting to watch any. It's just not my bag.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do the next
right thing
Picture of bobtheelf
posted Hide Post
The actual programming by NBC is terrible, jumping from one event to another, often in the middle, and for an hour or two, not just a quick update, and often it's just a replay of something that was already shown.

A DVR is pretty much required for viewing.

Posts: 3653 | Location: Nashville | Registered: July 23, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Watching on the various NBC channels is much easier than Primetime showings. Only problem is they play the same commercials over, and over, and over....

Posts: 14571 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Edge seeking
Sharp blade!
posted Hide Post
A funny moment when US figure skater Adam Rippon came off the ice last night. Just as he walked by a young girl in some assisting capacity, a stuffed animal dropped on her head from above. Adam leans over and kissed away the booboo on her head.

Posts: 7437 | Location: Over the hills and far away | Registered: January 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pbslinger:
A funny moment when US figure skater Adam Rippon came off the ice last night. Just as he walked by a young girl in some assisting capacity, a stuffed animal dropped on her head from above. Adam leans over and kissed away the booboo on her head.

Rippon had the best men's skate in my opinion.

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sjtill:
Tivo is helping make it watchable for me. Recorded both NBC Sports and NBC broadcasts tonight, slamming through in Olympic record time.

This is key!

The skiathalon being won by a guy who went down at start was pretty cool.

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12348 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Georgeair:
quote:
Originally posted by sjtill:

This is key!

No way! I saw the crash, and then had to go out for the day.

Btw, if you're not recording the Olympics, and watching it with out bullshit commentary and commercials, you're doing it wrong. (I think it's on 3 channels, MSNBC has done it best in past years).

The skiathalon being won by a guy who went down at start was pretty cool.

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
If the brutal frigid cold is as bad as the reports describe st the venues, there is no way I could be a spectator!

I see many of the spectators shaking.

Can understand why.

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I know if I had to pick one, it’d be biathlon. Guess I’ll just yearn for one of the rifles.

Ok, maybe hockey.

--
I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.

JALLEN 10/18/18
https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...610094844#7610094844

Posts: 2362 | Location: Roswell, GA | Registered: March 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Telecom Ronin
Picture of dewhorse
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bassamatic:
I honestly can't remember the last time it was that I watched any of the Olympics.

When we had 4 channels

Posts: 8301 | Location: Back in NE TX ....to stay | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
Women’s biathlon on now, some great shooting!

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knowing is Half the Battle
Picture of Scuba Steve Sig
posted Hide Post
We don't have cable, just a digital antenna in the attic. However, our NBC signal comes in just barely good enough usually. The couple inches of snow on our roof is preventing us from getting NBC. That or the snow on the ground is interfering with the signals bouncing. I tried watching some of the streaming, but timed out and don't have a cable log in. The replays were all chopped up anyway, the biathlon coverage was pretty sparse. What a disappointment.

Posts: 2504 | Location: Iowa by way of Missouri | Registered: July 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scuba Steve Sig:
We don't have cable, just a digital antenna in the attic. However, our NBC signal comes in just barely good enough usually. The couple inches of snow on our roof is preventing us from getting NBC. That or the snow on the ground is interfering with the signals bouncing. I tried watching some of the streaming, but timed out and don't have a cable log in. The replays were all chopped up anyway, the biathlon coverage was pretty sparse. What a disappointment.

You know you can watch it for free on the Internet?

NBC.COM or something like that

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sunset_Va:
If the brutal frigid cold is as bad as the reports describe st the venues, there is no way I could be a spectator!

I see many of the spectators shaking.

Imagine fighting a war there Eek
The cold is a nice change from balmy Sochi...I think they had maybe 3-4 days total that got below freezing, I recall the half-pipe was a messy disaster. Over in South Korea, they're celebrating when the thermometer hits double-digits.

Posts: 14571 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
half-genius,
half-wit
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Vaalic:
Was watching the skiathalon.... jesus who would sign up for that? 30KMs in the freezing ass cold, ice on your whiskers, as the announcer said they all look miserable.

What a nightmare!!!

Well, WE used to do it, and shoot four or fives times as well from all three positions.

Sounds like great fun to me.

And do you know, it really was.

tac

Posts: 11305 | Location: UK, OR, ONT | Registered: July 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
half-genius,
half-wit
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RAMIUS:
Women’s biathlon on now, some great shooting!

YAY!!!! for EVERY competitor taking part. The enemies are the cold, and yourselves. All else is incidental.

tac

Posts: 11305 | Location: UK, OR, ONT | Registered: July 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
half-genius,
half-wit
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SigJacket:
I know if I had to pick one, it’d be biathlon. Guess I’ll just yearn for one of the rifles.

Ok, maybe hockey.

Get a nice Browning T-bolt and use the money you've saved on a good biathlon sling. In the summer, lots of folks in Scandinavia use roller blades and air rifles - same deal, but without the frostbite.

tac

Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
Anybody else watch the US women's hockey team kick ass against the Russian team? 5 zip! I'll admit I never watched women's hockey before but I'm really impressed with the quality of play. Those gals put on a show.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post