SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Winter Olympics
Page 1 2 3 4 ... 16
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Winter Olympics Login/Join 
posted
What events are you looking forward to watching?

I myself can't wait to see some curling.

------------------------------
"They who would give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
- Benjamin Franklin

"So this is how liberty dies; with thunderous applause."
- Senator Amidala (Star Wars III: Revenge of the Sith)

Posts: 1494 | Location: Southwest Ohio | Registered: October 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
All the ski and snowboarding events

Posts: 14574 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Edge seeking
Sharp blade!
posted Hide Post
Speed skating, downhill, super G, skiercross, boardercross, bobsledding, hockey.

Posts: 7437 | Location: Over the hills and far away | Registered: January 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted Hide Post
Luge, bobsled, downhill alpine, speed skating, short track speed skating. I like the speed sports.

Maybe hockey, but ever since watching the miracle on ice as a kid, hockey just doesn’t live up.

-----------------------------------------------------------
TCB all the time...

Posts: 6501 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
PopeDaddy
Picture of x0225095
posted Hide Post
I just hope I get to watch entire events and competition and not the ESPN-like clips of Olympic results every night....yes, including Biathlon.

The bastards.

0:01

Posts: 4200 | Location: ALABAMA | Registered: January 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bobandmikako
posted Hide Post
I'll watch a lot of it, including hockey, bobsledding, ski jumping, alpine skiing, snowboarding, speed skating, luge and the biathlon (if they show it).

十人十色

Posts: 2103 | Location: Semmes, Alabama | Registered: June 15, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
Hockey...

If that isn't on Skiing, snow boarding, Biathalon, bobsled, luge, speed skating, and curling

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37931 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
I can’t freaking wait! Love the Winter Olympics!

Think about it, in the Winter Olympics you can die horribly in just about all the events.

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
Womens' figure skating, perhaps.

Posts: 27835 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Anything but the wacko X factor type crap. Can't stand the combination of aerobatics and gymnastics while skiing. Same goes for similar stuff in the summer.

Favorite Winter Olympics moment is still the US Hockey Team in 1980. Was with a group in the Officer's Club in Brunswick Maine watching the event. Miracle on Ice INDEED! Simply unbelievable.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16146 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ethics, antics,
and ballistics
Picture of Dtech
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RAMIUS:
I can’t freaking wait! Love the Winter Olympics!

Think about it, in the Winter Olympics you can die horribly in just about all the events.

The family and I enjoy it a lot too. We enjoy a wide variety of the sports. Not sure there is one we don't like actually.

As for your second thought...death by curling stone would would be quite a challenge, not to mention very messy! Wink

-Dtech

"I've got a life to live, people to love, and a God to serve!" - sigmonkey

"Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value." - Albert Einstein

"A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition" ― Rudyard Kipling

Posts: 4413 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: April 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
Not sure how familiar y'all are with time zones, but most of it is occurring at zero dark thirty US time. Only thing that interests me that time a day is a quick trip to go pee.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23102 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I won't watch any of it.

Posts: 107266 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Never been a fan and won't watch. The Olympics just never did it for me and when the USA started sending professional athletes it was done for me.

It's kids like you, who make this bus late.

Posts: 884 | Location: Weirton,WV | Registered: April 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
None.

-----------------------------------------

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor

Posts: 7935 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
I honestly can't remember the last time it was that I watched any of the Olympics.

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5024 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
The Olympics is worse than the NFL ...hate it, not going to waste my time.

Posts: 22858 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Master of one hand
pistol shooting
Picture of Hamden106
posted Hide Post
I will turn this back to positive and say Yes. I will watch all I can. I love the Olympics. I remember the work it took to even get close to shooting at Olympic level, which I came close to in the 70s.

SIGnature
NRA Benefactor CMP Pistol Distinguished

Posts: 6295 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
half-genius,
half-wit
posted Hide Post
Having been a biathlete for almost twenty years in my youth, I'll be watching that part.

tac

Posts: 11305 | Location: UK, OR, ONT | Registered: July 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Mutiny
posted Hide Post
Didn't make the timing cut off for this year's events, but will Pole dancing be a winter or summer olympic activity?
https://www.washingtonpost.com...m_term=.9d72bfea69a7

Posts: 478 | Location: Out West | Registered: January 14, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post