SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Winter Olympics
Page 1 ... 13 14 15 16
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Winter Olympics Login/Join 
Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by C-Dubs:
quote:
Originally posted by bald1:
Given the cheap head shot by Poulin, I think the Canadians didn't deserve a win.

Mentioned it to a co-worker today, and he hadn't seen it. Found the video ( Here if you haven't seen it) and he watched it, and was as astonished as I was with no penalty call.
No body-checking rule be damned. That was an elbow to the noggin, and should have been a match penalty in my mind. Coach was wanting a major...refs called nothing

That was a penalty in any league. Definitely in a women's Olympic game. Right in front of the net on a scoring chance with the ref behind the net watching the play. Heck in the NHL that would likely be reviewed by player safety and a fine/suspension issued.

Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain. Jack Kerouac

Posts: 16399 | Registered: March 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by C-Dubs:

No body-checking rule be damned. That was an elbow to the noggin, and should have been a match penalty in my mind. Coach was wanting a major...refs called nothing

I liked what Kenny Albert said in regards to that. "In the IIHF rulebook, there is no such thing as a clean hit to the head."

But the refs called nothing.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30409 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Zecpull:
OKAY... What the hell is a Performance enhancing drug that would help you in Curling?? This is a sport where they drink beer and eat chicken wings between games. The stones are easily thrown by 100 pound women,
But a Russian was Banned for doping...

Yeah, it's retarded. I can't believe they actually waste money even testing these guys and gals.

By the way, the men's curling Gold medal match is tonight at 1am Eastern. That's 0100 on 2/24.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30409 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lighten up and laugh
Picture of Ackks
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:

Yeah, it's retarded. I can't believe they actually waste money even testing these guys and gals.

By the way, the men's curling Gold medal match is tonight at 1am Eastern. That's 0100 on 2/24.

Crap, those things go on for a while too.

Posts: 7934 | Registered: September 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ackks:
quote:

Crap, those things go on for a while too.

Obviously that's live play. I'd love to watch it, but I'll have to settle for the re-airing sometime during the day tomorrow whenever that is.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)

Lighten up and laugh
Picture of Ackks
posted Hide Post
1-4:45 a.m. -- Men's Curling (gold medal final), NBCSN (LIVE)

Yeah, I'm going to have to do the same thing.

Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
Snowboarding giant slalom.

How did the South Korean (in the foreground) win this race? The other guy clearly crossed first.

Home field advantage I guess. Roll Eyes

Posts: 20100 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
I'm not much into the Olympics, but I happened upon videos of the Canadian Ice Dancing team.

Hard not to be moved by the beauty and grace of this performance.

The Canadian pair started skating together when Virtue was seven and Moir was nine. Twenty years ago.

They are ending their skating careers.

This video is not the Olympics, but a performance leading up to Olympics.

https://youtu.be/hO2xBr5EmSo

They won gold at the Olympics

Posts: 19574 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Edge seeking
Sharp blade!
posted Hide Post
Team USA scored 5 in the 8th end! Leads 10-5

Posts: 7457 | Location: Over the hills and far away | Registered: January 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of submoa
posted Hide Post
Team USA Men's Curling GOLD...10-7

Posts: 1273 | Location: South Florida, A Third World Country with Modern Conveniences | Registered: December 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Edge seeking
Sharp blade!
posted Hide Post
Loved the spinneroo concession shot the Swedish skip threw to end the game.

Posts: 7457 | Location: Over the hills and far away | Registered: January 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
This cracked me up.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)

It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by submoa:
Team USA Men's Curling GOLD...10-7

I saw an article calling it the...

MIRACURL ON ICE!!!

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Watching the gold medal curling match, I swear I just saw Ivanka Trump watching from the stands.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)

Lighten up and laugh
Picture of Ackks
posted Hide Post
quote:
Watching the gold medal curling match, I swear I just saw Ivanka Trump watching from the stands.

Yeah, they showed her twice.

Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lbj:
In an overall sense, this is the worst television coverage of an Olympics in my entire lifetime.

Plus, South Korea has also done a terrible job IMO.

Worst Olympics ever!

I agree. The coverage of the games in the 80's was better. Now we've got it in HDTV but the creativity of the broadcast seems to be missing.

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10926 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post