SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Winter Olympics
Page 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 16
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Winter Olympics Login/Join 
half-genius,
half-wit
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rightwire:
Kim Jung Un's sister was visibly THRILLED when the team from the USA entered the arena.

She has a face like a bulldog licking piss off a nettle.

tac

Posts: 11320 | Location: UK, OR, ONT | Registered: July 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Oh, are we discussing politics in this thread? OK, tell me- when can I get a chance to see if loudmouth idiot Lindsey Vonn snaps her fucking neck on the downhill and dies without regaining consciousness?

If we're going to derail this thread, then let's really derail it.

...or, are we going to keep politics out of it?

Posts: 107576 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
Yes please. No politics.

I just want a thread where we can happily talk about olympics.

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Well, it's up to you guys. You know the policy. If you want to discuss the Olympics, discuss the Olympics and leave politics out of it, or tell me when I can get a chance to see if loudmouth idiot Lindsey Vonn snaps her fucking neck on the downhill and dies without regaining consciousness.

Also, why are we commenting on the appearance of others? Who cares what someone looks like? It's too bad that what's-her-name from North Korea isn't, say, oh, the chief propagandist of the most oppressive regime on Earth that is murdering and starving its own people and which is threatening the safety and stability of the world. If only there was something of substance to criticize her for. Oh well, too bad.

Posts: 107576 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I watched 9 minutes of the snow boarders doing magnificent things, with the sound off.

I started to think I was watching a Dr,Seuss tv special when they were talking about
double back 3/4 clam smashers, bent fender halfpipe 5 forty fours, quarter fart five sixty wang slappers.

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54637 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified Plane Pusher
Picture of Phantom229
posted Hide Post
I always thought the Skeleton would be good fun, unless you crash, then not so much.

Situation awareness is defined as a continuous extraction of environmental information, integration of this information with previous knowledge to form a coherent mental picture in directing further perception and anticipating future events. Simply put, situational awareness mean knowing what is going on around you.

Posts: 7895 | Location: Around Lake Tapps, Wa | Registered: September 29, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bendable:
I watched 9 minutes of the snow boarders doing magnificent things, with the sound off.

Those guys must have given their moms heart attacks as kids. Absolutely nuts!

Posts: 8955 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Phantom229:
I always thought the Skeleton would be good fun, unless you crash, then not so much.

That's always been the thoughts running through my head.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
Been watching women's biathlon. Still on right now.

Yep, nothing like tall Nordic Women in skin tight suits skiing and shooting rifles.

Posts: 1474 | Location: Washington | Registered: August 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
Enjoyed the Women's Biathalon and am watching the Norway boys tear up the CC ski course. Damn those boys can ski.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36840 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted Hide Post
I enjoyed the snowboarding so far. Great to see a 17-year-old American win it. He looked surprised. Every time they have shown his dad(at least I think that's who it is) he has a bear in his hand.

American vs Canada women's hockey game should be good. On the men's side, I don't think anyone will be able to compete with Russia this year without the NHL players there.

Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain. Jack Kerouac

Posts: 16397 | Registered: March 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:

I believe a skeleton racer died in a crash during the Vancouver Olympics. Pretty nasty crash if I remember correctly. Went off the track and into a stanchion.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30408 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of arlen
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by old dino:
I watched the opening ceremonies, just the portion where the athletes enter the stadium.

What I found interesting was the order of entrance for each country. Greece always goes first, the host country goes last ... all the other countries enter the stadium in order of their spoken language based on the alphabet of the host country's language.

U.S. team entered in the "M" category. That is about right for 'Merka.

Regards,
arlen

======================
Some days, it's just not worth the effort of chewing through the leather straps.
======================

Posts: 408 | Location: Colorado | Registered: August 13, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do the next
right thing
Picture of bobtheelf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arlen:
quote:
Originally posted by old dino:
I watched the opening ceremonies, just the portion where the athletes enter the stadium.

What I found interesting was the order of entrance for each country. Greece always goes first, the host country goes last ... all the other countries enter the stadium in order of their spoken language based on the alphabet of the host country's language.

U.S. team entered in the "M" category. That is about right for 'Merka.

And the Korean name for the US translates to "Beautiful Country".

Posts: 3660 | Location: Nashville | Registered: July 23, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified Plane Pusher
Picture of Phantom229
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

I believe a skeleton racer died in a crash during the Vancouver Olympics. Pretty nasty crash if I remember correctly. Went off the track and into a stanchion.
That was Luge, feet first. Skeleton is head first. Eek

Situation awareness is defined as a continuous extraction of environmental information, integration of this information with previous knowledge to form a coherent mental picture in directing further perception and anticipating future events. Simply put, situational awareness mean knowing what is going on around you.

Posts: 7895 | Location: Around Lake Tapps, Wa | Registered: September 29, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

Yeah, I thought it was skeleton. I guess it was luge. Either way, I suppose it doesn't much matter at those speeds.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30408 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified Plane Pusher
Picture of Phantom229
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Yeah, I thought it was skeleton. I guess it was luge. Either way, I suppose it doesn't much matter at those speeds.
AKA Poop yourself fast. Eek

Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
Have not watched any. So we won a snowboard gold. Anything else.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19186 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
We got a silver too.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34115 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
First comment in this thread and I imagine someone else has already mentioned it, but...couldn’t NBC find an American to serve as host?

Watching here on Sunday afternoon and there was a segment on an American biathlete. The interviewer said he was from “Texas,” but he had an Irish accent. After the video, he’s in the studio with the Brit woman, it was kind of a WTF moment.

ETA: All the Chevy commercials with that annoying guy and the “real people” are turning ME into Mahk.

Posts: 13255 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post