SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Winter Olympics
Page 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Winter Olympics Login/Join 
Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
The mixed biathlon relay is on right now. Pretty cool race. 2 men and 2 women teams.

Hoping they'll replay that tonight when I can watch it. Today is also supposed to be the womens' downhill - looking forward to watching Ms. Vonn crash and burn (figuratively speaking, of course Wink).

Posts: 7262 | Location: Idaho | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
Wtf is up with the US speed skaters uniforms. Good God that is the stupidest thing I have seen.

GO US women's hockey!

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19158 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by old rugged cross:
Wtf is up with the US speed skaters uniforms. Good God that is the stupidest thing I have seen.

They are God awful.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30401 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Georgeair:
quote:
I still like watching the women though. They get better and better every year. But yes, the men are light-years bigger and simply more awesome than the women which of course why we have women events and men events. It's a perfect illustration of the difference between guys and gals.

I'm really curious how much of that is athletic ability and how much is mass. The mass helps hold way better speed, but even with that the height and speed of the women isn't that much different. In my uneducated opinion.

The height and speed isn't that much different? Man, if you can't see how much higher, faster, and more dynamic the men are in both snowboarding and skiing, I don't know what to tell you.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30401 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

They are God awful.

The manufacturer identifies the uniform model as "C My Crotch."

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16192 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:

GO US women's hockey!

Here we go!

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)

Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
USA
USA
USA

SCORES!

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37950 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted Hide Post
I have to get up early but I'm staying up for this game. Who needs sleep anyway.

Let's go USA

BTW the announcers need to be more pro-USA. This is a huge game, this is the USA and a USA network get with it. I don't care what you think and no that little slash is never called but yes the retaliation is always called. Refs where right. STFU and be more supportive of our team.

Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain. Jack Kerouac

Posts: 16391 | Registered: March 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
DAMN!

343 - Never Forget

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37950 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lighten up and laugh
Picture of Ackks
posted Hide Post
Unfortunately, the Canadian women always take it to the US in gold medal games.

Posts: 7934 | Registered: September 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
Our gals are battling, but are a bit over matched.

Hockey is the Canadian version of American football. They eat, sleep and breath hockey.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19158 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted Hide Post
quote:

Hockey is the Canadian version of American football. They eat, sleep and breath hockey.

We need better passing, get someone in front of the net and shot it more. Crash the net.

Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain. Jack Kerouac

Posts: 16391 | Registered: March 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lighten up and laugh
Picture of Ackks
posted Hide Post
quote:

They are too cute with the puck.

Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
SCORES!!!!

343 - Never Forget

Lighten up and laugh
Picture of Ackks
posted Hide Post
YESSSSS!!! What a swing that was. 2 on 1 turned into a breakaway.

Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
Defensively the US is not picking up F3, too many opportunities are coming from that mistake. It cost them the 2nd goal

343 - Never Forget

Lighten up and laugh
Picture of Ackks
posted Hide Post
Shame there is a 15 minute break. They are probably going to lose the momentum they had going.

Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
Exciting for fans
A Battle for players
Hell on Coaches

Championship Game Overtime

343 - Never Forget

Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Come on come on come on!

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)

Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
I can't convey how demanding 4-4 hockey is, let alone for a full 20 minute period, and on Olympic size ice.

A penalty with 1:35 left, this is bad bad bad

343 - Never Forget