SIGforum
Winter Olympics

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/320601935/m/6810073734

February 06, 2018, 07:45 PM
RichN
Winter Olympics
What events are you looking forward to watching?

I myself can't wait to see some curling.

------------------------------
"They who would give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
- Benjamin Franklin

"So this is how liberty dies; with thunderous applause."
- Senator Amidala (Star Wars III: Revenge of the Sith)
February 06, 2018, 07:55 PM
corsair
All the ski and snowboarding events
February 06, 2018, 07:57 PM
pbslinger
Speed skating, downhill, super G, skiercross, boardercross, bobsledding, hockey.
February 06, 2018, 07:59 PM
smithnsig
Luge, bobsled, downhill alpine, speed skating, short track speed skating. I like the speed sports.

Maybe hockey, but ever since watching the miracle on ice as a kid, hockey just doesn’t live up.

-----------------------------------------------------------
TCB all the time...
February 06, 2018, 07:59 PM
x0225095
I just hope I get to watch entire events and competition and not the ESPN-like clips of Olympic results every night....yes, including Biathlon.

The bastards.

0:01
February 06, 2018, 08:12 PM
bobandmikako
I'll watch a lot of it, including hockey, bobsledding, ski jumping, alpine skiing, snowboarding, speed skating, luge and the biathlon (if they show it).

十人十色
February 06, 2018, 08:42 PM
Rightwire
Hockey...

If that isn't on Skiing, snow boarding, Biathalon, bobsled, luge, speed skating, and curling

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.
February 06, 2018, 08:51 PM
RAMIUS
I can’t freaking wait! Love the Winter Olympics!

Think about it, in the Winter Olympics you can die horribly in just about all the events.
February 06, 2018, 08:52 PM
egregore
Womens' figure skating, perhaps.
February 06, 2018, 08:56 PM
bald1
Anything but the wacko X factor type crap. Can't stand the combination of aerobatics and gymnastics while skiing. Same goes for similar stuff in the summer.

Favorite Winter Olympics moment is still the US Hockey Team in 1980. Was with a group in the Officer's Club in Brunswick Maine watching the event. Miracle on Ice INDEED! Simply unbelievable.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192
February 06, 2018, 08:56 PM
Dtech
quote:
Originally posted by RAMIUS:
I can’t freaking wait! Love the Winter Olympics!

Think about it, in the Winter Olympics you can die horribly in just about all the events.

The family and I enjoy it a lot too. We enjoy a wide variety of the sports. Not sure there is one we don't like actually.

As for your second thought...death by curling stone would would be quite a challenge, not to mention very messy! Wink

-Dtech

"I've got a life to live, people to love, and a God to serve!" - sigmonkey

"Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value." - Albert Einstein

"A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition" ― Rudyard Kipling
February 06, 2018, 08:58 PM
tatortodd
Not sure how familiar y'all are with time zones, but most of it is occurring at zero dark thirty US time. Only thing that interests me that time a day is a quick trip to go pee.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.
February 06, 2018, 09:03 PM
parabellum
I won't watch any of it.
February 06, 2018, 09:12 PM
cazio
Never been a fan and won't watch. The Olympics just never did it for me and when the USA started sending professional athletes it was done for me.

It's kids like you, who make this bus late.
February 06, 2018, 09:44 PM
ruger357
None.

-----------------------------------------

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor
February 06, 2018, 09:57 PM
Bassamatic
I honestly can't remember the last time it was that I watched any of the Olympics.

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.
February 06, 2018, 10:14 PM
smschulz
The Olympics is worse than the NFL ...hate it, not going to waste my time.
February 06, 2018, 10:33 PM
Hamden106
I will turn this back to positive and say Yes. I will watch all I can. I love the Olympics. I remember the work it took to even get close to shooting at Olympic level, which I came close to in the 70s.

SIGnature
NRA Benefactor CMP Pistol Distinguished
February 07, 2018, 02:46 AM
tacfoley
Having been a biathlete for almost twenty years in my youth, I'll be watching that part.

tac
February 07, 2018, 03:37 AM
Mutiny
Didn't make the timing cut off for this year's events, but will Pole dancing be a winter or summer olympic activity?
https://www.washingtonpost.com...m_term=.9d72bfea69a7