SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Caption This Photo Taken Outside of Aldis
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Caption This Photo Taken Outside of Aldis Login/Join 
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
Ferrari taste and an Aldi budget.

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by zoom6zoom:
gotta visit Aldi for Stollen... Ferraris.

LoL.... I just got back from there, just for that! No Ferrari though Frown

ARman

Posts: 3151 | Registered: May 19, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Censored
posted Hide Post
Dang, you all are a tough crowd. I ran a 997.2 GT3 to Aldi's last month. Other than charging a 25 cent charge for a basket, I see no problem. Hell, burn me at the stake, but a deal is a deal.

Posts: 2223 | Location: United States | Registered: February 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Censored:

25 cent charge for a basket
You get it back when you return the cart. It's just a deposit, to encourage customers to return the cart, rather than leaving it in the parking lot.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30647 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Censored
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
quote:

25 cent charge for a basket
You get it back when you return the cart. It's just a deposit, to encourage customers to return the cart, rather than leaving it in the parking lot.

Yeah, I know. The only problem is I never carry change anymore. However, I do like Aldi. In Europe, they are really good.

Posts: 2223 | Location: United States | Registered: February 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:

The only problem is I never carry change anymore.
I leave a couple of quarters in the car, just for Aldi shopping carts.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30647 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Censored
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Smart, I need to start doing that

Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
I don't know about you, but when I'm hungry and in a hurry for groceries, I take my Ferrari!

Ferrari, the quicker grocery getter!

However, I did see a Maserati at my nearest wallymart about 3 months ago. Guy parked in back by Automotive. Looked kind of young to afford it.

Posts: 11837 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Real Ferrari’s have the engine in the back Wink

Who cares where someone shops?

Posts: 3909 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wish we had an Aldi out here. I remember when one had to use 1 DM in the shopping cart, in Germany. It's probably a Euro today.

-.-. --.- -.-. --.- -.-. --.- -.-. --.-
It only stands to reason that where there's sacrifice, there's someone collecting the sacrificial offerings. Where there's service, there is someone being served. The man who speaks to you of sacrifice is speaking of slaves and masters, and intends to be the master.

Ayn Rand

"He gains votes ever and anew by taking money from everybody and giving it to a few, while explaining that every penny was extracted from the few to be giving to the many."

Ogden Nash from his poem - The Politician

Posts: 1687 | Registered: July 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I refer to Aldis as Bizarroland. Everything is packaged (colors and logos) to look like familiar brands but aren't.

Posts: 2559 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hermes X
Sushi brunch X
Bank X
Yoga X
Aldi O
personal shopper Nordstrom O
mani pedi O

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54603 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SSgt USMC/Vet
posted Hide Post
Hell I just wish we had an Aldis here in the South Hill/Boydton area. All we have is a Food Lion and Walmart and a lot of Pick ups and farm use vehicles. I have yet to see a Ferrari.

Posts: 1953 | Location: Northern Virginia/Buggs Island, Boydton Va. | Registered: July 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

A few weeks ago I saw two left carts, in 30 mph wind gusts, pushing themselves in the Costco parking lot. One hit a curb and stopped. The other, picked up momentum and slammed into a new Chevy/GMC full sized SUV with paper plates on it. It was parked right up front. And when I mean slammed, the cart hit and then caught air, that’s how hard it hit that vehicle. People are dirtbags. I park far away and will actually put up a stranded cart on my walk in to prevent this type of thing. Most do not care whatsoever.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12620 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
How do you think he affords that thing?

I recently discovered Aldi, always looked down on it, but I finally went in and knocked around $120 off our weekly shopping bill!

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Big Grin

No caption, but I did see a Ferrari, Lamborghini, and a Porsche at our local Taco Bell when we first moved into the area.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15285 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
I will confess that I've been known to take my Ferrari to the Safeway for a loaf of bread and some coffee

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53165 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Lt CHEG
posted Hide Post
I'd be more likely to take a nice vehicle to an Aldi because people do a better job policing their carts. I wish there was a $10 deposit to use a shopping cart at every place that has one. I hate loose shopping carts!

“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.”

Posts: 5576 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: February 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ozarkwoods:
Note to the undercover boss producer: don’t allow the CEO to drive his own car to job site.

hahaha - that's win.

Posts: 8613 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post

At least s/he parked in a single space, rather than two or three.

When in doubt, mumble

Posts: 10782 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post