SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    So I Have Signed Up To Door Knock For The Democrats
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

So I Have Signed Up To Door Knock For The Democrats Login/Join 
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted
We have a house line that nobody has the number to. It's used for the alarm and as an emergency back up due to a cellular outage. Lately it's been ringing like crazy.

I get tired of hearing it today so I pick it up. It's the Democrats. Claire McCaskill needs my help! Can they count on me?

Of Course!

So I spend about 15 minutes of the caller's time volunteering for a number of things. I can come in to listen to her speak later this week, and then I can go out door knocking to get the word out. They'll also provide me with any signage I desire (although they are out of McCaskill signs at the moment).

I'm almost considering going. Perhaps I'll knock on doors and remind those who answer how great Trump is. Wink

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15712 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serenity now!
Picture of 4x5
posted Hide Post
You should also ask for as many signs and stickers as they can give you. You know, for safekeeping.

Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice - pull down your pants and slide on the ice.
ʘ ͜ʖ ʘ

Posts: 4929 | Location: Highland, UT | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Oh man, that would be a great way to get a hold of a shit-ton of targets and pasters. Just spray-paint all of them whatever color you want and you would be set for a goodly while!

Posts: 17110 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
Go door to door with a tablet (e.g. iPad) and play them the McCaskill video from this thread. Big Grin Might as well campaign on the issues Big Grin

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23209 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Smudge said it. Around here, there are always lots of signs left behind after an election that no one picks up. They make great targets.
Getting them pre election would mean they will be in pristine condition!

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16067 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
The guy sounded really excited that I was willing to spend some time speaking with him. Almost as if he has spent the majority of the morning getting cussed at or hung up on.

He had some interesting statistics on how door knocking is one of the best ways to convince voters.

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15712 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by a1abdj:
He had some interesting statistics on how door knocking is one of the best ways to convince voters.

Oh, I believe him. *snortguffaw* Big Grin

Posts: 17110 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 4x5:
You should also ask for as many signs and stickers as they can give you. You know, for safekeeping.

Our range recycles the political sign for target backers. You could get a jump on your supply.

Posts: 1960 | Location: Indiana or Florida depending on season  | Registered: March 18, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
and pasters.

Is that

Or

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12399 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sgalczyn
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
Smudge said it. Around here, there are always lots of signs left behind after an election that no one picks up. They make great targets.
Getting them pre election would mean they will be in pristine condition!

Back in '08 a campaign office opened for O-blah-blah in my town. I went in and asked for as many of the Warhol-style posters as they could spare. The woman was almost orgasmic at how willing I was to post them. As I walked out I said - Yeah - the guys at the range are gonna luv these - great visibility on the 100-300 yard rifle boards! The look on her face then was priceless!

"No matter where you go - there you are"

Posts: 4571 | Location: Eastern PA-Berks/Lehigh Valley | Registered: January 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gone but Together Again.
Dad & Uncle
Picture of h2oys
posted Hide Post
The yard signs make for great temporary target stands.

Posts: 3716 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: November 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Georgeair:
Is that

Those, sir, are pasties. Big Grin

quote:
Originally posted by sgalczyn:
As I walked out I said - Yeah - the guys at the range are gonna luv these - great visibility on the 100-300 yard rifle boards! The look on her face then was priceless!

posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted Hide Post
Those campaign signs make.goodntarget holders.

I try to collect them after election season when people throw them out.

Strive to live your life so when you wake up in the morning and your feet hit the floor, the devil says "Oh crap, he's up."

Posts: 33287 | Location: St. Louis MO | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nature is full of
magnificent creatures
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by KevinCW:

I have heard of this before. You just use the top part and not the metal stand?

Posts: 6273 | Registered: March 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by deepocean:
quote:
Originally posted by KevinCW:

I have heard of this before. You just use the top part and not the metal stand?

The whole thing. Just tape the targets to the sign.

Strive to live your life so when you wake up in the morning and your feet hit the floor, the devil says "Oh crap, he's up."

Posts: 33287 | Location: St. Louis MO | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by a1abdj:
We have a house line that nobody has the number to. It's used for the alarm and as an emergency back up due to a cellular outage. Lately it's been ringing like crazy.

I get tired of hearing it today so I pick it up. It's the Democrats. Claire McCaskill needs my help! Can they count on me?

Of Course!

So I spend about 15 minutes of the caller's time volunteering for a number of things. I can come in to listen to her speak later this week, and then I can go out door knocking to get the word out. They'll also provide me with any signage I desire (although they are out of McCaskill signs at the moment).

I'm almost considering going. Perhaps I'll knock on doors and remind those who answer how great Trump is. Wink

Yeah, you should go out in the full Democrat gear that they give you and knock on doors. Then proceed to tell the people not to vote democrat and all of the scamming and lies they're making you tell people and all this crazy stuff. LOLOLOLOL

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I know you are not serious, but I did that for the Reps one year and it was a dreadful job for me, I hated it, even though I believed in what I was doing.
I however got a horribly left leaning and mostly welfare area to ask people to vote against BHO.

NRA Life Endowment member
Tri-State Gun collectors Life Member

Posts: 2794 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
About using the yard signs for targets; Does one remove the sign from the yard before or after using it as a target? I have never used them before and was just wondering.
Big Grin

Posts: 881 | Registered: December 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
Tell folks you hope they vote democrat so we can finally: fully enact communism, pay reparations for slavery, pay for and promote late-term abortions, open the borders, have race hustlers run police departments, etc., etc., you know, the truth!

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ozarkwoods
posted Hide Post
You need to go, volunteer to cover the largest most populated area, bring a pickup so you can carry the large lawn signs. After you have picked up the signs go home rinse off and repeat the next day.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 4829 | Location: SWMO | Registered: October 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post