SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Who is your favorite online cigar source?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Who is your favorite online cigar source? Login/Join 
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted
Time to restock. Will purchase 2 or 3 boxes. I’m typically a fan of standard smokes like an AF Don Carlos series, or box pressed Maduro Padrons ...just need a good Tobacconist who will sell quality smokes at a reasonable price. Who are your favorites? Many thanks!

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
CI or Mikes Cigars for the most part, Mikes because even though I pay tax they ship cheap and I get it in one or two days, CI can take a week.

Posts: 23403 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
Picture of Jaywendland1981
posted Hide Post
I use atlantic cigars, the yearly membership (59.99 cost) will pay for itself with the first few boxes you order. You get a great discount on pretty much all smokes and orders over 150$ get free ups ground, which for me takes 3 days. They are slow to post up new releases but members will always get an email and one day to order before non members get to order.

There will be whores, tits and sex.

Posts: 4305 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
Some smokes like the don carlos they only sell singles at a maximum of 2 smokes.

Posts: 4305 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jaywendland1981:
Some smokes like the don carlos they only sell singles at a maximum of 2 smokes.

Frown

No bueno ... I didn’t realize they were that scarce. It’s been a while since I’ve bought some however it is my “go to“ stick; but I’ll check around. Thanks!

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
The Don Carlos won cigar of the Year 2017, so prices and availability have become shit. They used to be pretty plentiful and about 11 to $12 a smoke wait till you see prices now.

Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
Not the regular line of Don Carlos but the Don Carlos 80th anniversary and Reserve. The regular line of them is still plentiful and cheap especially at Atlantic.

Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
CI

Posts: 13239 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
Emerson's

------------------------------
Smart is not something you are but something you get.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4786 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Ice Cream Man
posted Hide Post
I get mine through my local cigar shop. I know its not what you asked, but if you want some numbers, I can refer a few.

(East End Cigars in Myrtle Beach. The Tabak Haus in Fredericksburg, TX, and Lianos Dos Palmas in Charleston, SC, but LDP only sells cigars they make.)

Posts: 5729 | Location: Republic of Ice Cream, Miami Beach, FL | Registered: May 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kuisis
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Aglifter:
I get mine through my local cigar shop. I know its not what you asked, but if you want some numbers, I can refer a few.

(East End Cigars in Myrtle Beach. The Tabak Haus in Fredericksburg, TX, and Lianos Dos Palmas in Charleston, SC, but LDP only sells cigars they make.)

I went to a very cool shop the last time I was in Myrtle. It was actually in a strip mall, next to an Advance Auto. Owner and his dog made me feel like a regular. Can't wait to go back the next time I'm there.

Posts: 1129 | Location: Washington PA | Registered: November 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Captain Obvious
posted Hide Post
I personally like Holts. Great prices and 1 day flash sales. It’s also easy to hit the minimum limit for free shipping.

Posts: 3364 | Registered: July 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Constable
posted Hide Post
By and far.... CI. With Holt's as a #2.

Shop CI every few days, have some patience and You can find some great bargains.

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
I've used:
famous-smoke.com
mikescigars.com
JRCigars.com
cigars-now.com

Depends on what I'm looking for.

Also cigarbid.com once in a while for an occasional auction deal.

Posts: 22898 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of UTsig
posted Hide Post
I'd call Hiland's Cigar, talk to Scott. They have very good prices on AF and Padron. 800/777-4854.

I also use Atlantic Cigar for some AJ Fernandez that I've been liking.

Win

"Nature scares me" a quote by my friend Bob after a rough day at sea.

Posts: 3397 | Location: Utah's Dixie | Registered: January 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FN in MT:

I agree.

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Save an Elephant
Kill a Poacher
Picture of urbanwarrior238
posted Hide Post
Las Vegas Cigar Company

'I am the danger'...Hiesenberg
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
NRA Certified Rifle Instructor
NRA Life Member

Posts: 1375 | Location: Escaped from Kalifornia to Arizona February 2022! | Registered: March 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIGnified:
<snip> ...just need a good Tobacconist who will sell quality smokes at a reasonable price. Who are your favorites? Many thanks!

There is a lot to be said for finding a local brick-and-mortar cigar store and developing a relationship with them. It may cost slightly more than buying on the internet, but the life long friends you will meet will make it all worth it.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12320 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leave the gun.
Take the cannoli.
posted Hide Post
JR

Posts: 6634 | Location: New England | Registered: January 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FN in MT:

Shop CI every few days, have some patience and You can find some great bargains.

I put together a Wish List on CI a few months ago, and when something I want goes on sale, the sale price shows up there. I check the list a few times a week.

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9145 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post