SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    San Francisco Gun Buyback Gets Played with Homemade Shotgun
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

San Francisco Gun Buyback Gets Played with Homemade Shotgun Login/Join 
Picture of lkdr1989
posted
From Breitbart:

"Hi-er Point"?

Someone put some time into finishing the stock Big Grin

quote:

Individuals running San Francisco’s annual gun buyback got played Saturday by an individual who turned in a homemade shotgun for money.

ABC 7 reports the buyback “offered $100 for every handgun and $200 for every assault weapon, no questions asked.” It was sponsored by United Playaz, a violence prevention group, and overseen by the San Francisco Police Department.

The homemade shotgun was one of 187 guns turned in during the day. It consisted of a pipe zip-tied to a piece a wood. It had no hammer or trigger and lacked sights.

The buyback also brought in numerous corroded, single-shot black powder handguns, but San Francisco police director of communications David Stevenson praised the buyback effort.

Stevenson said, “We don’t know what to expect year to year. Even getting one gun off the street is a good thing if it measured by its potential for harm.”

https://www.breitbart.com/cali...th-homemade-shotgun/

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4330 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No double standards
posted Hide Post
I beg to differ. I am quite sure the streets of San Francisco, and probably the whole Bay Area, are safer now that said pipe ziptied to wood is now in custody, not accessible to those with criminal intent. Wink

And when I ask if San Francisco can get any more stupid, they provide the answer.

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it....While it lies there, it needs no constitution, no law, no court to save it"
- Judge Learned Hand, May 1944

Posts: 30668 | Location: UT | Registered: November 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Good for them. Smile

Posts: 22858 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
These knuckleheads have authority and can use lethal force.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29607 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Folks have been doing this for years. They turn a few bucks work of a parts from the hardware store into hundreds of dollars worth of cash or gift cards, at the lib's expense.

Posts: 32428 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
It would be more interesting if someone turned in a home made Luty, BSP-9, or other open bolt smg. A harsh reminder that the government can't control shit.

Posts: 9947 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post

Posts: 32428 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
Every time I read of a gun buyback, I fantasize about standing outside with a wad of cash (itself a fantasy) and intercepting people walking in with the occasional good gun. "Hey, you were ready to take $50 for that Colt Python. Wanna double your money? I'll give you $100." Big Grin

Posts: 27834 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
Wow. I have about 10 of that model shotgun. Where do I take them? I don’t need them anymore.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12683 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by egregore:
Every time I read of a gun buyback, I fantasize about standing outside with a wad of cash (itself a fantasy) and intercepting people walking in with the occasional good gun. "Hey, you were ready to take $50 for that Colt Python. Wanna double your money? I'll give you $100." Big Grin

U should just stand out there and tell them thier gun is worth 500-1000 no matter the cost. Watch em walk away

What man is a man that does not make the world better. -Balian of Ibelin

Only boring people get bored. - Ruth Burke

Posts: 8227 | Registered: September 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"It was sponsored by United Playaz, a violence prevention group"

Sounds like a legit organization...

Posts: 814 | Registered: February 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
That looks more like a carbon fiber wrapped AR barrel than a slam fire pipe shotgun.

Posts: 21052 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
quote:
Individuals running San Francisco’s annual gun buyback
And, just who are these geniuses?

Posts: 4006 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Based on the video...there's one 'assault weapon', two if you count that mini-14. The rest look like widowers turning in their late-spouses firearms for a little extra cash to make the month. Given the neighborhood, that's not too far off the mark.

http://abc7news.com/homemade-s...event-in-sf/3686268/

These gun buy-backs are an easy way for criminals to dispose of evidence. Thug goes out, shoots somebody. Next day, goes to buy-back, turns in the hot gun, gets some drinking/drug money. Police records the firearm, maybe gets ballistics tested (probably not), because it's 'no questions asked offer' they have no way of tracking the killer or attaching evidence.

Posts: 14571 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^^

Thanks for posting that vid !

lmao !!!! Big Grin

Posts: 779 | Location: Colorado | Registered: October 11, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No double standards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by corsair:....These gun buy-backs are an easy way for criminals to dispose of evidence. Thug goes out, shoots somebody. Next day, goes to buy-back, turns in the hot gun, gets some drinking/drug money. Police records the firearm, maybe gets ballistics tested (probably not), because it's 'no questions asked offer' they have no way of tracking the killer or attaching evidence.

I am sure those running public safety know that. Seems the program does result in less money for the city, and very possibly reduced rather than increased public safety.

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it....While it lies there, it needs no constitution, no law, no court to save it"
- Judge Learned Hand, May 1944

Posts: 30668 | Location: UT | Registered: November 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Laugh all you want. I've killed hundreds of super mutants, feral ghouls, and deathclaws with those very same pipe shotguns. Big Grin

Posts: 629 | Registered: March 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
There is a world elsewhere
Picture of Echtermetzger
posted Hide Post
All it needs is some wheels and it could be considered a field piece.

tack on a couple of old baby carriage wheels and pull it by a string down the street.

A well balanced breakfast being necessary to the start of a healthy day, the right of the people to keep and eat food shall not be infringed.

Posts: 6685 | Location: The hard land of the Winter | Registered: April 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
Imagine if you could 3D print an evil looking black rifle for $50 and turn it in for $200.

Winning.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Only in an insane world are the sane considered insane.

The memories of a man in his old age
Are the deeds of a man in his prime

Posts: 14020 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
How about a homemade Mac-10?

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.c...t-louis-gun-buyback/

Now we're talking. Next up a whole duffle bag of them.

Posts: 9947 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post