SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Great big memorial day weekend plans ?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Great big memorial day weekend plans ? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I am going to try, for the first time, to slow smoke a beef chuck roast in my smoker. Wish me luck. I am planning on approx. 10 hours for the complete timeframe.

Posts: 6617 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kg5388
posted Hide Post
Monday morning as always I will be at the West Tennessee Veterans Cemetery to help set up chairs and drive a golf cart to shuttle people from parking area to the pavilion for the ceremonies. Then the reverse afterwards.

Posts: 1846 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: January 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
I’ll be at work as usual. Mad

Posts: 13742 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
The wife and girl left earlier today and will be at a horse show thru late Sunday evening. Looking at the weather forecast it looks like the boy and I will be dodging showers while taking care of the rest of the horses at the farm.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Graduation party.

NRA Life Endowment member
Tri-State Gun collectors Life Member

Posts: 2794 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I usually keep to myself and do a lot of thinking about the guys in my unit who did not come home. Recite the rouge bouquet with the list of my units lost troopers. Raise a glass to them. Go to my VFW post picnic

Posts: 3288 | Location: Finally free in AZ! | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Work, possibly a double or two. Not sure yet.

A Perpetual Disappointment...

Posts: 2739 | Location: BFE, Ohio | Registered: August 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I’ll be at NAPCAR wondering about the weather in Mouseville.

Posts: 587 | Location: NC | Registered: March 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JohnCourage
posted Hide Post
Back yard is prepped and ready. Pool, Grill, Music, Friends and maybe a cocktail. Georgia weather permitting.

JC

Posts: 1269 | Location: Roswell, GA | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
BBQ Babyback ribs on my Weber kettle, using the "snake" method with the charcoal.

What's the snake method, you say? It's a technique that some Aussie developed where you build a "snake" of briquettes inside the kettle then light a few and place on one end. Rather than one big pile of charcoal that burns too fast and hot, this give you that long, low burn you need for BBQ. I've had them last nearly 12 hours when I did pork butt.

Here is the snake:

Posts: 33802 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The 2nd guarantees the 1st
Picture of fiasconva
posted Hide Post
Grandson's 4th birthday party tomorrow. The worst part of it is that his mother will be there too. Then either a roast or burgers on the grill one of the days, depending on the weather.

"Even if the world were perfect it wouldn't be." ... Yogi Berra

Posts: 1865 | Location: York County, VA | Registered: August 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
I'm going to the local butcher and pick up some steaks, probably grill them on Sunday, maybe Monday depending on whether some other element of the family dreams up a get-together of some kind. Some house cleaning, and I need to get started on loading my match ammo for the few big matches I still shoot during the summer. Maybe go out to the range and play with my new/used M9 a bit.

Posts: 7267 | Location: Idaho | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
If the weather holds I will throw something on the grill. If not pulled BBQ chicken in the crock pot.

And I will watch the movie Battleground some evening. Love that movie.

(And quite possibly Range 15 because I love documentaries Wink )

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
Planting shrubs alongside the house whilst fighting off clouds of mosquitoes. Should be able to get them all in unless the little flying devils carry me off somewhere.

Two apple trees and an apricot tree to plant as well. And, if the moles or chipmunks or pocket gophers (or whatever killed my last one) get these too, then I'm done planting fruit trees. It ain't worth the hassle.

Posts: 20099 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post