SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Great big memorial day weekend plans ?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Great big memorial day weekend plans ? Login/Join 
posted
what cha doin?
where you goin?
who you seeing?
what are you cookin?

no , I am not writing a book.

I have no plans at this point, might go see family , 80 miles away , but the thought of holiday traffic on the interstate repell's me

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54502 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
traveling from NH back to home in Arizona

a long, slow, crowded crawl I am expecting given the weekend

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53086 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cruising the
Highway to Hell
Picture of 95flhr
posted Hide Post
Grillin a couple of steaks for my wife and I. We are not planning on leaving the property at all this weekend.

“Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.”
― Ronald Reagan

Retired old fart

Posts: 6476 | Location: Near the Beaverdam in VA | Registered: February 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Good enough is neither
good, nor enough
posted Hide Post
Was hoping we were going to a buddys lake house, but now it is a pool party on Sunday. I guess I bbq the other nights.

There are 3 kinds of people, those that understand numbers and those that don't.

Posts: 2034 | Location: Liberty, MO | Registered: November 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Old, Slow,
but Lucky!
Picture of dsmack
posted Hide Post
...surviving!

Posts: 3418 | Location: Spokane, WA | Registered: March 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ShouldBFishin
posted Hide Post
Putting new rear struts in my fiancee's Camry. Of course, this weekend is supposed to be in the 90's...

Posts: 1799 | Location: MN | Registered: March 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SR
posted Hide Post
If it isn't raining, I'll shot a trap match on Monday.

Lot's of things to get cleaned up at the house. I haven't reloaded in a while and it seems the room with the reloader has become the catch all for stuff that needs to be organized. It's all my stuff so I can't blame the wife... May start the process of getting that area cleaned up.

Speak softly and carry a big stick loaded Sig

Posts: 4887 | Location: Raleigh, North Carolina | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Based on the weather app and reports of the tropical disturbance in the Gulf, I'll be inside watching NAPCAR, GOLFZZZZ, or working on something

Posts: 23244 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
I'll be working at the Flea Market and hoping the rain holds off.

Posts: 17891 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
On vacation currently, back to work Sunday morning a 6:45 till Wednesday...

Posts: 1913 | Location: U.P. of michigan | Registered: March 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
Since I retired we don't travel on holiday weekends. No point to put up with the crowds and craziness. I'll put something together to BBQ and that is all the planning I'll do.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Honor and Integrity
posted Hide Post
I'll be working all weekend.

Posts: 2219 | Location: Fitchburg, WI | Registered: March 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No double standards
posted Hide Post
Our Cub Scouts are going to plant flags at headstones at the Golden Gate National Cemetery.

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it....While it lies there, it needs no constitution, no law, no court to save it"
- Judge Learned Hand, May 1944

Posts: 30668 | Location: UT | Registered: November 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happiness is
Vectored Thrust
Picture of mojojojo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ptruck:
I'll be working all weekend.

+1

Icarus flew too close to the sun, but at least he flew.

Posts: 6705 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: April 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am going to visit a couple local historic cemeteries and look for and visit Veterans grave sites. Especially from the Civil War. Since many people are now trying minimize their service.
Other than that, nothing.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16005 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
Going to my dad's cabin in the Northern Colorado Rockies. It sits in a private community, on the end of a dead end road, surrounded on all sided by national forest.
Gonna do some shooting, fishing, hiking, and general fuck-offery.

Posts: 10827 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
My youngest will be over to do chores around my house. Me? I'll be watching to see if Danica Patrick can finally get lucky..... on the Indy oval. Big Grin

Haven't lost sight of the reason behind this day of remembrance. Just in no shape to spend hours outside at cemeteries or associated events.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: bald1,

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16146 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Orive 8
posted Hide Post
Wife and I attend a Memorial Day Parade at a small community outside of Pittsburgh - they do a great job of honoring those that have made the ultimate sacrifice for this country.

Then we have some hot dogs at the VFW hall.

Later in the afternoon, we are planning on heading over to our outdoor range for a little practice.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice.

Posts: 1890 | Location: Collier Twp, PA | Registered: June 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mark60
posted Hide Post
About 20 coming over Saturday. Pork butt will be in the smoker tomorrow night, the wife's making Bbq hamburgers and a pile of fixings.

Posts: 3437 | Location: God Awful New York | Registered: July 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I get off Saturday morning and getting the crap away from the Concord/Charlotte area since Nascar is here.

I was going to drive to Ohio to see the family but with expected holiday traffic I am going to wait for two weeks.

I get off Saturday and I am off till Friday night. Wit that being said, O am going to just relax, get the car inspected, taxes done, dentist, etc.. and try to sleep.

Posts: 1836 | Location: In NC trying to get back to VA | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post