SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Cloned Working Dogs (edit: from Korea)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Cloned Working Dogs (edit: from Korea) Login/Join 
Picture of RichardC
posted
Soon to be available at Walmart LE locations near to you!

https://synapse.koreamed.org/D...42/jvs.2018.19.5.585

J Vet Sci. 2018 Sep;19(5):585-591. English.
Published online September 27, 2018. https://doi.org/10.4142/jvs.2018.19.5.585

© 2018 The Korean Society of Veterinary Science

Health and temperaments of cloned working dogs

Min Jung Kim,1 Hyun Ju Oh,1 Sun Young Hwang,2 Tai Young Hur,3and Byeong Chun Lee1
1Department of Theriogenology and Biotechnology, College of Veterinary Medicine, Seoul National University, Seoul 08826, Korea.

2Haemaru Referral Animal Hospital and Small Animal Clinical Research Institute, Seongnam 13590, Korea.

3Animal Biotechnology Division, National Institute of Animal Science, Rural Development Administration, Jeonju 54875, Korea.

"Conclusion

Dog cloning technology has been applied to propagate working dogs (drug detection dogs, police dogs, quarantine dogs, rescue dogs, etc.) as well as cancer-sniffing dogs. Cloned working dogs have similar anatomical, physiological, neurological, and growth characteristics, as well as similar behavioral patterns, as those of their cell donors. In addition, it appears that cloned dogs can have similar lifespans to those of naturally bred dogs. Therefore, it can be concluded that qualified elite working dogs can be produced by cloning a working dog that exhibits both an appropriate temperament and good health. Research to improve dog cloning efficiency should be undertaken to expand the practical applications of this promising technology."

Posts: 15891 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I don’t think I’ll be ordering one of these.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15571 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
Just like our food sources, people have been genetically engineering (modifying) dogs and other animals for millenniums. Only the methods have changed recently to provide more effective and faster results.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47407 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:
Just like our food sources, people have been genetically engineering (modifying) dogs and other animals for millenniums. Only the methods have changed recently to provide more effective and faster results.

You’ll forgive me if I don’t trust the Chinese to get it right; they are not to be trusted when it comes to QC.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15571 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because something is legal to do doesn't mean it is the smart thing to do.
posted Hide Post
GMOs in our food supply may well be a double edged sword that will cut us deeper then it helps us.

Integrity is doing the right thing, even when nobody is looking.

Posts: 4134 | Location: Metamora MI | Registered: October 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Seven of K-nine

Dorg

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43876 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post