SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Obama's official portrait -what he & Homer Simpson have in common
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Obama's official portrait -what he & Homer Simpson have in common Login/Join 
bigger government
= smaller citizen
Picture of Veeper
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ChicagoSigMan:
I am so glad this loser -who has nothing but contempt for America - is no longer in charge.

I'm actually kindof surprised that Bill Clinton doesn't have his index finger poking out of his fly in his official portrait.

“The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it.”—H.L. Mencken

Posts: 9144 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: April 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SAC trained killer
Picture of Ricardokid11
posted Hide Post
The picture is almost as bad as the suit the artist is wearing. Looks like a fricking horse blanket.

" May I always be the kind of person my dog thinks I am".

Posts: 2083 | Location: Glen Allen, VA. | Registered: July 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SAC trained killer
Picture of Ricardokid11
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ricardokid11:
The picture is almost as bad as the suit the artist is wearing. Looks like a fricking horse blanket.

This is what happens when you go with the lowest bidder! Big Grin

" May I always be the kind of person my dog thinks I am".

Posts: 2083 | Location: Glen Allen, VA. | Registered: July 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In the yahd, not too
fah from the cah
Picture of ryan81986
posted Hide Post
People are gushing over these paintings, it's so comical.

Posts: 6337 | Location: Just outside of Boston | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 229DAK
posted Hide Post
He is enshrined in what he has always been...a wallflower.

Posts: 9001 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In the yahd, not too
fah from the cah
Picture of ryan81986
posted Hide Post
From Milo:

quote:
My spider senses are telling me /pol/ is right and that Obama’s official portrait shows a sperm cell on his face. The artist, Kehinde Wiley, is famous for incorporating it into his paintings.

Posts: 6337 | Location: Just outside of Boston | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
Maybe this is a paint-by-number picture. The quality rivals a 9 year old's in that respect...

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11052 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
Obama could not lead and his official portrait painter-- and Michelle's-- could not paint. Again, perfect!

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11106 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"He's levitating. How did he do that?"

"Either that or he's stapled to a wall of greenery."

"Should be great for kids playing pin-the-tail."

Knowing more by accident than on purpose.

Posts: 14186 | Location: Tampa, Florida | Registered: December 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Normality Contraindicated
Picture of italia
posted Hide Post
Looks like he was photographed sitting on a Squatty Potty, and then painted sitting on that chair.

------------------------------------------------------
Though we choose between reality and madness
It's either sadness or euphoria

Posts: 2988 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: January 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
Hopefully that's Kudzu.

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ryan81986:

They could be stick figures, and the gushers would gush. It is really funny....

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11106 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by justjoe:
quote:

They could be stick figures, and the gushers would gush. It is really funny....

It is. Those paintings are appallingly bad, no matter how you look at them.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
crazy heart
Picture of mod29
posted Hide Post
Wow. Those are bad! Really bad!

Posts: 1779 | Location: WA | Registered: January 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost Allman Brother
Picture of S600MBUSA
posted Hide Post
quote:

Here's how the NYTimes described them:

quote:
Barack Obama's portrait shows him not as a self-assured, standard-issue bureaucrat, but as an alert and troubled thinker.

Michelle Obama's portrait overemphasizes an element of couturial spectacle, but also projects a rock-solid cool.

Talk about head up your own ass... Roll Eyes

-Winston Churchill, writing of the Pashtun

Posts: 3989 | Location: Holly Springs/Canton, GA | Registered: November 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
ammoholic
Picture of drtenb330
posted Hide Post
Barry's taking a shit

Michelle obviously sat for her own portrait while it was being finger-painted.

Fucking real classy.

Posts: 1632 | Location: Miami Beach, Florida | Registered: December 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost Allman Brother
Picture of S600MBUSA
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Veeper:

I'm actually kindof surprised that Bill Clinton doesn't have his index finger poking out of his fly in his official portrait.

That was his original portrait. He had a second one done because the first wasn't "kick ass" enough (his words)...

-Winston Churchill, writing of the Pashtun

Posts: 3989 | Location: Holly Springs/Canton, GA | Registered: November 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
If you listen... it sounds like only one person clapped when it was unveiled:

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 23943 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
If you listen... it sounds like only one person clapped when it was unveiled:

If you look at her face the instant it's revealed, you know she thinks it's crap, then instantly it's gone and she's all smiles. It's that first instant that says it all.

There were lots of gasps from the audience from what I heard too, and not much applause.

It looks like a half finished paint by numbers watercolor to me and not very good

Posts: 33604 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:
From Milo:

quote:
... a sperm cell on his face....

Probably not the first time it's happened.

Posts: 8602 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post