SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Obama's official portrait -what he & Homer Simpson have in common
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Obama's official portrait -what he & Homer Simpson have in common Login/Join 
Picture of lkdr1989
posted
Obama had his official portrait revealed today and it's not that great:

Kinda reminds me of this:

This message has been edited. Last edited by: lkdr1989,

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4330 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What are those plants in the background? Poison ivy?

Posts: 747 | Location: Vermont | Registered: February 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now in Florida
Picture of ChicagoSigMan
posted Hide Post
He has never had any respect for the traditions of his office or the country. I don't see why we would expect him to do a traditional portrait. Everything is about him.

Bonus: Washingtn Post Headline: "The Obamas’ portraits are not what you’d expect and that’s why they’re great"

Of course.

Posts: 6061 | Location: FL | Registered: March 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Old, Slow,
but Lucky!
Picture of dsmack
posted Hide Post
Too bad it isn't Kudzu... perhaps it could engulf and smother him!

Posts: 3418 | Location: Spokane, WA | Registered: March 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post

Posts: 107260 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Krazeehorse
posted Hide Post
Looks photoshopped all to hell to me. I know that's what floating out there on the web but how shitty can you get?

Be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you.

Posts: 5681 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post

I don't know man I
just got here myself
Picture of mrw
posted Hide Post
They missed the fly crawling around on his forehead. Is that poison sumac he is sitting in? What a stupid ass picture

mrw

Hand Made Custom Knives
www.sandownforge.com

Posts: 1736 | Location: Gulf Coast Florida | Registered: June 29, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
That looks dumb as hell.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17248 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
It's most appropriate for a shit pile like that fraud.

Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
I love the symbolism.

Each leaf represents the times Obama stuttered or went, "uh..."

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Horse shit makes great fertilizer, and you can see the results.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Picture of Chris Anchor
posted Hide Post
It's in keeping with the portrait of Bill Clinton, both are out in left field also. Chris

Posts: 1832 | Location: Cecil Co. Maryland | Registered: January 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Green Highlander
posted Hide Post
Should have been marijuana leaves

"You know, Scotland has its own martial arts. Yeah, it's called Fuck You. It's mostly just head butting and then kicking people when they're on the ground." - Charlie MacKenzie (Mike Myers in "So I Married an Axe Murderer")

Posts: 2380 | Location: Seacoast, NH | Registered: July 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Green Highlander
posted Hide Post
My wife thinks I am full of shit when I tell her it is the portrait. She can't believe it. "it can't be true."

"You know, Scotland has its own martial arts. Yeah, it's called Fuck You. It's mostly just head butting and then kicking people when they're on the ground." - Charlie MacKenzie (Mike Myers in "So I Married an Axe Murderer")

Posts: 2380 | Location: Seacoast, NH | Registered: July 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
He looks like he should be holding knitting needles, with big balls of yarn at his feet. And a Teddy Bear.

The portrait of Michelle looks like Michelle in the way that a portrait of a generic black woman looks like just about any black woman.

I think the portraits are perfect. The Obamas as they really are. The Obamas as libs see them. No connection.

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11106 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Edge seeking
Sharp blade!
posted Hide Post
Those hands look kinda big, big enough to do the work of helping the downtrodden. Unlike the small hands of putins right hand man. The open button no neck tie says he's in touch with the common man. The "choom" background? Not symbolic of anything other than choom.

If king stampy feet wanted this for his home it'd be fine. For the white house gallery? Hopefully his last FU to America. Moochelle's was supposedly painted by a "social justice artist" Whatever the fuck that is. Might be she has a knack for bringing out the "red" in commie portraits.

Posts: 7437 | Location: Over the hills and far away | Registered: January 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Yep.

In future generations, this will be known as the time, children elected the coloring book president.

Crayon art.

Perfect.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43810 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Edge seeking
Sharp blade!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rusbro:

Clint did a little retouch to create an honest depiction. Oh god that's funny!

Posts: 7437 | Location: Over the hills and far away | Registered: January 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post