SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Obama's official portrait -what he & Homer Simpson have in common
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Obama's official portrait -what he & Homer Simpson have in common Login/Join 
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by braillediver:
I'd like to see it lined up with the other Presidential portraits. I bet he looks like the fool he is.
Found this on page 4:

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Here is the NPR story on it, along with what is in the background. There is additional information in the audio.

They say that the artist for the portrait has similarities in the ex-president's background - mixed race, raised only by his mother.

There are also comments about the artist's sartorial choices, as well as his personal background. Who knows if there might be more similarities (you'll have to listen to find out).

https://www.npr.org/2018/02/13...nal-portrait-gallery

Posts: 2768 | Location: Northern California | Registered: December 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ChuckWall
posted Hide Post
So, wheres the sperm? Edge of his mouth?

MAGA

Posts: 5689 | Registered: February 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by justjoe:
The woman who did Michelle just couldn't paint. Simple as that. Talk about Barack's hands-- which are like crab claws-- look at Michelle's octopus tentacle of a left arm!

The artist did a really good job of hiding her wanky!

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8318 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Deqlyn:
Told ya he was a soros plant.

Ha !

Like what you did there Big Grin

Posts: 4917 | Registered: June 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ChicagoSigMan:
He has never had any respect for the traditions of his office or the country. I don't see why we would expect him to do a traditional portrait. Everything is about him.

Bonus: Washingtn Post Headline: "The Obamas’ portraits are not what you’d expect and that’s why they’re great"

Of course.

Even in failure the WAPO still kisses his behind.

Posts: 4472 | Registered: November 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative Behind
Enemy Lines
Picture of synthplayer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Opus Dei:
quote:
Originally posted by braillediver:
I'd like to see it lined up with the other Presidential portraits. I bet he looks like the fool he is.
Yep; he'll be the kid in the school yearbook that crossed his eyes or made a derp face. Years later, even the kids with horrible acne looked more mature.

+1

This is the thought I had, but I didn't know how to express it. Thanks Opus Dei

I found what you said riveting.

Posts: 10696 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: June 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Edge seeking
Sharp blade!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by downtownv:
quote:
Originally posted by justjoe:
The woman who did Michelle just couldn't paint. Simple as that. Talk about Barack's hands-- which are like crab claws-- look at Michelle's octopus tentacle of a left arm!

The artist did a really good job of hiding her wanky!

I saw a comment elsewhere: "The drapes hide Mike's man junk"

Posts: 7437 | Location: Over the hills and far away | Registered: January 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
Any copyright lawyers out there?

Being this is an official Presidential portrait, i.e. Government document, I don't believe it would be copyright protected.

How soon before the first 5000 piece puzzle shows up in the stores.

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

“Let’s go, Brandon” Kelli Stavast, 2 Oct. 2021

Posts: 5267 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kimber1911:
How soon before the first 5000 piece puzzle shows up in the stores.

It will always have a few missing pieces. . . .

Posts: 2768 | Location: Northern California | Registered: December 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Velvet Voicebox
posted Hide Post
Her portrait is pretty spot on. It looks like shit, just like her. The magic negro? A pretty pussified, fucked up painting.

"All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope."

--Sir Winston Churchill

"The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

--James Earl Jones

Posts: 7652 | Location: KCMO | Registered: August 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
:^)
Picture of BillyBonesNY
posted Hide Post
Gay, black and communist.
Quite similar.

quote:
Originally posted by SigSAC:
Here is the NPR story on it, along with what is in the background. There is additional information in the audio.

They say that the artist for the portrait has similarities in the ex-president's background - mixed race, raised only by his mother.

There are also comments about the artist's sartorial choices, as well as his personal background. Who knows if there might be more similarities (you'll have to listen to find out).

https://www.npr.org/2018/02/13...nal-portrait-gallery

----------------------------------------
http://lonesurvivorfoundation.org

Posts: 7177 | Registered: March 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ersatzknarf:
quote:
Originally posted by Deqlyn:
Told ya he was a soros plant.

Ha !

Like what you did there Big Grin

Me, too. Missed it, at first. :0

Posts: 15844 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ozarkwoods
posted Hide Post
When I saw that for the first time... I said out loud in public “What The Fuck is that”! I rarely swear.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 4810 | Location: SWMO | Registered: October 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tuckerrnr1
posted Hide Post

Posts: 5720 | Location: Florida | Registered: March 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
Both portraits would make unique postage stamps.

Would be the first postal designs in history wherein cancellation would make them more attractive! Smile

Posts: 15001 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of arlen
posted Hide Post
Barack's portrait looks more like Humphrey Bogart than Barack. And, in real life, Barack's lips are darker than his facial complexion. Not so in the portrait. The artist obviously has no skills.

Regards,
arlen

======================
Some days, it's just not worth the effort of chewing through the leather straps.
======================

Posts: 408 | Location: Colorado | Registered: August 13, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arlen:
Barack's portrait looks more like Humphrey Bogart than Barack. And, in real life, Barack's lips are darker than his facial complexion. Not so in the portrait. The artist obviously has no skills.
His only qualifications were that he is Black and paints Black people (badly, as it happens).

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Brack's portrait is pretty bad, but Michelle Obama's is so awful it's laughable. Seriously, it looks like an 8 year old in a first year art class painted it. Just terrible.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30298 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No class paintings by a no-talent artiste.

Posts: 11744 | Location: Western Oklahoma | Registered: June 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post