SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Karmanator down
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Karmanator down Login/Join 
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted
Not sure which of our members has been so kind to provide this, but it seems to be down other than for search functions.

Yeah, I'm the guy who has to go there every time I want to embed a video....

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12417 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
I see this when I go to the site (http://www.karmanator.com/):

Software error:

Can't locate object method "startform" via package "CGI" at /usr/www/users/odincrow/karma/karmanator.pl line 108.

For help, please send mail to the webmaster (odincrow@pair.com), giving this error message and the time and date of the error.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16214 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
Chance.

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6212 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
SEND YOUR DONATION TO SISTER CLEO!!

CALL ME NOW!!

Posts: 107587 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost Allman Brother
Picture of S600MBUSA
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Georgeair:
Not sure which of our members has been so kind to provide this, but it seems to be down other than for search functions.

Yeah, I'm the guy who has to go there every time I want to embed a video....

As far as video embedding, I use this site.

Just make sure to uncheck the box for "include link back to Youtube page" because it adds some text that the forum software doesn't understand.

Best I can tell, all the different versions it spits out (standard def, wide screen, etc) show up the same on here.

-Winston Churchill, writing of the Pashtun

Posts: 3989 | Location: Holly Springs/Canton, GA | Registered: November 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Karmanator
Picture of Chance
posted Hide Post
The last time I touched that file was 2015.

It is fixed. CGI.PM was changed and I was using two deprecated functions. It is fixed.

Thanks for letting me know.

Chance

Posts: 3276 | Registered: December 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Did you try turning it off and back on again?

Posts: 32508 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
Testing

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8355 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Karmanator
Picture of Chance
posted Hide Post
I actually just changed tubeit a bit as well. Made the displayed image larger and modified the ratio. I have meant to do this for a long time.

Link to original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8_rTIAOohas

Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Thanks, Chance. It is a handy utility.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peripheral Visionary
Picture of tigereye313
posted Hide Post
Thanks Chance, just picked a winner in The Lair. Smile

Posts: 11360 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Chance, thanks for making these utilities available. They help tremendously here. Smile

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16214 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by downtownv:
Testing
Will you please stop and think before you post? Why do I see political content in a thread that has NOTHING to do with politics????????????????

Nature is full of
magnificent creatures
posted Hide Post
Chance, thank you for the YouTube utility. That is kind of you. It will be a big help.

Posts: 6273 | Registered: March 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
Indeed, thanks for the help. That's better tech support than I can get in my day job!

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12417 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Karmanator
Picture of Chance
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the thanks everyone. I came to SigForum as I really didn't know anything about handguns. I have learned a lot here so this is my way of trying to contribute to the forum.

Glad folks find it useful.

Chance

Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
Originally posted by downtownv:
Testing
Will you please stop and think before you post? Why do I see political content in a thread that has NOTHING to do with politics????????????????

It was merely to demonstrate the youtube worked on the karmonator. the subject was random and irrelevant.

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8355 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
OK, let me put it this way- don't do that again. Ever.

THINK before you post.

Big Stack
posted Hide Post
Still getting the error. Note this was on initial page load. I wouldn't even get to the entry form.

quote:

Software error:
Can't locate object method "startform" via package "CGI" at /usr/www/users/odincrow/karma/embed.pl line 113.
For help, please send mail to the webmaster (odincrow@pair.com), giving this error message and the time and date of the error.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Clear your browser cache. The page is up.