SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Can Somebody Help A Hospitalized SIGforum Member?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Can Somebody Help A Hospitalized SIGforum Member? Login/Join 
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted
Per another thread, My health issues, pain and weight loss issues of the last 5-6 weeks, Mike "Mustang-PaPa" is in hospital.

His link to the outside world is an iPhone 6, not easy to type on.

I was just thinking -- I bet that somebody near him (DFW area) might be able to loan him an iPad or other tablet for the duration of his hospital stay.

I'm too far away, but I know that there are a number of SIGforum members in that area.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30663 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If nobody steps up in DFW area I can FedEx him an iPad or equivalent. PaPa can keep it too. Let me know.

Posts: 7549 | Registered: October 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
If somebody wants to send him a tablet (since he has an iPhone, and iPad would probably be best, if possible) I'd be happy to chip in $20 to offset the cost.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Unfortunately I don't have an iPad to loan, actually don't even own one. But if there is a need for someone to do some courier work in the DFW area, I'm available.

John

Posts: 416 | Location: Near Dallas, TX | Registered: February 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Can he just use a wireless \ Bluetooth keyboard? I'd throw in $10 if someone would Amazon him one? Email in my profile.

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13399 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have an older Ipad from work, has the OG large charging cable. I'd be happy to donate it if it works ok, haven't used it in a few years so have to charge it up and see. I'm on the NE side of the metroplex.

Mongo only pawn in game of life...

Posts: 683 | Location: DFW | Registered: August 15, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This one is in my cart. All I need is a shipping address and PaPa should have it by Tuesday latest.

Firearms Enthusiast
Picture of Mustang-PaPa
posted Hide Post
Oh goodness this is making me really emotional and i do very much appreciate the ideas and support but i am really fine with what i have and could’nt accept these very nice and genourous offers.
Really and honestly i am fine with what i have for now.

Its hard enough to keep up with and track my phone.

Posts: 18034 | Location: South West of Fort Worth, Tx. | Registered: December 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jprebb
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mustang-PaPa:
Oh goodness this is making me really emotional and i do very much appreciate the ideas and support but i am really fine with what i have and could’nt accept these very nice and genourous offers.

Maybe we want to send you a Candy Gram. Can you email me your name and the name of the hospital? My email is in my profile.

Regardless, I hope you get well soon!

JP

Posts: 2048 | Location: Maryland | Registered: April 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted Hide Post
I have an old 7 inch Samsung tablet. It has literally been turned off for a year. Give me an address and I will ship it out.

Strive to live your life so when you wake up in the morning and your feet hit the floor, the devil says "Oh crap, he's up."

Posts: 33287 | Location: St. Louis MO | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
I've got a tablet I could deliver if I knew where to take it.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

PaPa, we know you're fine but some of us want to make you finer. It's not a hand out, it's a gift. Someone email me a shipping address so we can call it a dayBig Grin

אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:

Ain't nuffin' wrong with taking a loaner for while you're in the hospital. You can return it when you're out.

When I was stuck in the rehab facility for a month and a half and did not have reception on my iPad, SigMonkey sent me a Verizon "hockey puck" kind of thing that bridged cellular to my iPad. It made all the difference in the world and I really appreciated it. I returned it to the Monkey, along with a little "thank you" token, once I was spring from rehab and back home.

Take the use of a loaner, dude. It will make your life a bit easier to bear while you're stuck in the hospital.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30663 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
Mustang-PaPa, this is what members of the Sigforum family do for one another. Seriously.

Even though we sometimes fight among ourselves, we still look out for one another.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
VTail, Email sent.

Firearms Enthusiast
Picture of Mustang-PaPa
posted Hide Post
Bytes and all im not sure if my wife could deal getting things returned if i take turn for the worst.
I picked up several stashed around the house garge and pickup and put in the gun safe leaving on afew loaded in my man room bottom roll around tool box that is locked and secured.
She couldnt even deal the thought of having think about the what if.

Posts: 18034 | Location: South West of Fort Worth, Tx. | Registered: December 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
Oy! Stubborn.

In Spain they said “terco como mula.”

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
The hardest part of service is being the one who is served. But we must be willing to receive service to allow others to be edified too. otherwise no service could ever be rendered and no one would ever be edified. Service is what we do here at SIGforum. It is the practice of selflessness that strengthens character.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29695 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Bytes and all im not sure if my wife could deal getting things returned if i take turn for the worst.
I picked up several stashed around the house garge and pickup and put in the gun safe leaving on afew loaded in my man room bottom roll around tool box that is locked and secured.
She couldnt even deal the thought of having think about the what if.

PaPa, your better half isn't going to have to return anything! Ever. Ever. This will be a gift to you and all you need to do is email me a shipping address. Then we can call it a day and you can get on with your healing. FYI I'm sending very good thoughts to you and your wife.

Firearms Enthusiast
Picture of Mustang-PaPa
posted Hide Post
I have emailed v-tail with all my info. Thank you and please contact v-tail