SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Influencing the election
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Influencing the election Login/Join 
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted
We've heard a ton about the Russians, PAC's, and other groups who as supposed to have influenced the last Presidential Election. But the one group that seems to have ducked this scrutiny (other than Soros) is the media.

Has anyone else noticed, that even beyond the obvious leftist liberal tilt of all election reporting, that now the high lighting of text, screen backgrounds, and even the clothing of the reports is in the tone of blue used by the Democratic party?

So not only are they pushing left, covering lies, and pushing half truths, they are taking the subliminal path as well.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37957 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
Was this tongue in cheek? I'm hardly a liberal (ask my wife) but blue is my favorite color. Look upward unless it's fallen... Wink

Beware of a man whose only pistol is a 1911, he's probably very good with it.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
Actually, it wasn't tongue in cheek. I noticed this watching a variety of news stories from various agencies on Youtube. It seemed like they felt the need to highlight key text, and the method chosen was a box in the blue tone that the Democratic party uses for all advertising. The text highlighted was always a key topic that the liberals are pushing.

The local news that I watch has always used a darker blue background for their stories, have forever it is their station colors so to speak. But in one piece on candidates in various races, the blue background changed to the same one used as highlighter in other agencies. The reporter was also wearing a solid blue tie of similar color.

What I saw was the media now jumping on the blue wave bandwagon and pushing that out clear and hard. Seems pretty clear that they are trying to influence the election directly by the constant anti-Trump/Republican/Conservative rhetoric but also by more subtle means.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37957 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
AlsoI have noticed whenever a Republican face image is posted they have the ugliest face pictured with the mouth open or twisted in some manner so the look bad or ....

Officers lives matter!

Posts: 3265 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: February 12, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post