SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    I have a good son.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I have a good son. Login/Join 
Picture of rtquig
posted
Ever since my son graduated Stevens University with a degree in Computer Engineering with honors last May, we have asked him what does he want for a present. He kept saying a good computer, and it took him this long to decide what to build.
Since he got a job with a good software company and has already been promoted, he said he would pay for his computer. We said no, we want to give him this gift, he made us proud with his work ethics.
Today, checking my email, he booked a round trip flight for me to go to Fla and take some time to relax. I had been debating Fla or Georgia, and he decided that for my birthday in April, Fla would be a nice gift. Going to FT. Myers for a week on March 28th.

Living the Dream

Posts: 4015 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: December 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The success of a solution usually depends upon your point of view
posted Hide Post
You have a good son.

“We truly live in a wondrous age of stupid.” - 83v45magna

"I think it's important that people understand free speech doesn't mean free from consequences societally or politically or culturally."
-Pranjit Kalita, founder and CIO of Birkoa Capital Management

Posts: 3849 | Location: Jacksonville, FL | Registered: September 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Assault Accountant
Picture of 12GA
posted Hide Post
You are blessed with a good son as am I. We both know it's not just good luck. Wink

Posts: 2583 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: July 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted Hide Post
That's awesome. Great son.

My Grandmother lived in Ft. Myers. It's been a few years but I've spent some time there. Hit me up if you want some info on places to go.

Besides beaches there are some cool wildlife areas you can walk or drive through.

Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain. Jack Kerouac

Posts: 16391 | Registered: March 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sailor1911
posted Hide Post
Yep, good son.

Place your clothes and weapons where you can find them in the dark.

“If in winning a race, you lose the respect of your fellow competitors, then you have won nothing” - Paul Elvstrom "The Great Dane" 1928 - 2016

Posts: 3762 | Location: Wichita, Kansas | Registered: March 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Striker in waiting
Picture of BurtonRW
posted Hide Post
I've only flown in/out of Ft.Myers to get to Sanibel/Captiva, but from sunny Sanibel/Captiva, Ft.Myers always seems to have a T-storm hanging over it.

You certainly do have a good son, though! Enjoy your trip!!

-Rob

I predict that there will be many suggestions and statements about the law made here, and some of them will be spectacularly wrong. - jhe888

A=A

Posts: 16268 | Location: Maryland, AA Co. | Registered: March 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SSgt USMC/Vet
posted Hide Post
Only one way it could get any better, if he could go with you. Enjoy your trip.

Posts: 1953 | Location: Northern Virginia/Buggs Island, Boydton Va. | Registered: July 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of whododat
posted Hide Post
Excellent. Enjoy your trip.

Because son, it is what you are supposed to do.

Posts: 1852 | Location: Escaped to TN | Registered: October 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'd rather have luck
than skill any day
Picture of mjlennon
posted Hide Post
Indeed, fine son you have there.

But, we were hoping you'd come to Ga. Perhaps next spring. Enjoy your time in FL; you deserve it.

Posts: 1824 | Location: Fayetteville, Georgia | Registered: December 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Yes, you do Wink

Posts: 13806 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Woke up today..
Great day!
posted Hide Post
Awesome! Makes you feel like you accomplished something when your kids turn out to be good people!

Posts: 1769 | Location: Chicagoland | Registered: December 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rtquig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mjlennon:
Indeed, fine son you have there.

But, we were hoping you'd come to Ga. Perhaps next spring. Enjoy your time in FL; you deserve it.

I come home on April 4. My wife will be heading to GA. on April 8 for a week. If I can convince my other son to take care of the ducks I will head down with her. This is a middle child who if I say it's sunny, he say's it's cloudy. Kind of like me and my dad.

Living the Dream

Posts: 4015 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: December 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
silence is acceptance
Picture of birddog1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12GA:
You are blessed with a good son as am I. We both know it's not just good luck. Wink

I will echo what 12GA said, you obviously have a good son because of how he was raised by you. Congrats and enjoy your vacation.

Posts: 2337 | Location: Massillon, OH | Registered: January 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
If I had to guess, I'd bet the apple didn't fall far from the tree. You raised a good son and he appreciates it obviously.

Have a great trip.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You did a great job raising him. Good children don't just happen. Proud parents (I'm one) make me happy.

Posts: 7547 | Registered: October 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post