SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    KY Circuit Court Judge Interferes with Legal Process in Prosecution of School Shooter
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

KY Circuit Court Judge Interferes with Legal Process in Prosecution of School Shooter Login/Join 
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted
A few facts-
The Judge called the detective interviewing the shooter shortly after the suspect was detained. The Judge ordered to stop the interview, and appointed a public defender to the case even though he hadn't been formally charged with a crime.
The Judge illegally appointed a public defender to the case without the suspect being charged.
The Judge HAD NO JURISDICTION in the case until after the preliminary hearing. The district court Judge had jurisdiction at the time the charges were filed until the case goes to Grand Jury.
The Judge has some sort of personal relationship with the mother of the shooter.
The Judge has since sealed the case so no one can see what he has done.
The media got it right this time in their legal actions against the Judge, and likely if they hadn't the truth would have never gotten out.

This stinks. Bad. The Judge should have recused himself, but has gone full retard instead. I think that the Judge has realized how bad he has screwed up, and knows he is about to be disbarred.

PADUCAH- Attorneys for WPSD Local 6 filed new legal paperwork Thursday accusing Marshall County Circuit Judge Jamie Jameson of overseeing a secret hearing in the case of Gabriel Parker.

Parker is the 15-year old charged as an adult in the Marshall County High School Shootings.

Two teenagers died: 15-year-olds Bailey Holt and Preston Cope. 18 others were wounded.

Paxton Media Group (PMG) filed the petition on behalf of The Paducah Sun, Marshall County Tribune Courier, and WPSD. This is the second petition for writ of mandamus or prohibition we have filed with the Kentucky Court of Appeals this week.

In addition to the secret hearing, the filing says that Judge Jameson issued a gag order forbidding the Commonwealth Attorney, defense attorney, county attorney and assistant county attorney from distributing any information about the case to the public.

The judge then sealed the gag order so no one could view it. The filing says Jameson violated numerous rules regarding gag orders. There is no evidence the court held a special hearing prior to issuing the gag order.

The secret hearing over the telephone on February 19 involved Assistant Commonwealth Attorney Jacob Ford and Parker’s attorney Tom Griffiths, with no prior docket entry.

That hearing resulted in an “Agreed Order” between the three.

During the hearing, Parker’s defense indicated that it intended to try to get the case transferred back to juvenile court.

Judge Jameson ordered Parker’s attorney to file any motion challenging the Circuit Court’s jurisdiction by March 8.

Jameson gave the prosecutor until March 12 to file a response.

Our petition says that his actions are unconstitutional and accuse Jameson of attempting to conduct a high-profile murder case through a series of secret proceedings.

Kentucky law requires juveniles 14 or older to be transferred to Circuit Court as an adult when a firearm is used to commit a felony.

All records pertaining to the case, including video, are required to be opened as soon as the arraignment is complete.

The PMG petition challenges Judge Jameson’s decision not to make the proceedings public.

PMG’s attorneys filed a separate petition earlier this week deeming Jameson’s decision to close Parker’s arraigment to the public as illegal.

That petition also accuses Jameson of trying to avoid scrutiny, illegally appointing a public defender for Parker, and interfering with a detective’s interview with Parker.

http://www.wpsdlocal6.com/2018...back-juvenile-court/

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
You know what they say... Never go to full on judicial interference unless the sex is outstanding.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31427 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2BobTanner
posted Hide Post
Not trying to hijack this thread, but Jefferson County, Kentucky’s favorite black racist judge is back at it again, by ordering the total and complete sealing of the entire judicial process against two blacks being charged in the murder of a white victim, to include warrants, trial transcripts, and final adjudication.

“On Monday, Jefferson Circuit Court Judge Olu Stevens took the highly unusual step of sealing the entire case files of Travon Curry and Thaddius Thomas Jr., including the indictments, court motions, scheduled hearing dates and even the identifying case numbers. As is, the public will have no idea if and when a trial is scheduled or if the two men decide to plead guilty or charges are dismissed.

“The order does not say why the cases were sealed, just that the file shall not be shown "to any person without prior permission of the court." The case numbers and other identifying information were removed from public computer records.

“The action taken to completely hide the case from the public appears to violate Kentucky Chief Justice John D. Minton Jr.'s 2010 order requiring that the existence of all cases be known. Even the names of the defendants have been removed from court records.“

http://www.wdrb.com/story/3756...to-unfold-in-secercy

---------------------
LGBFJB

"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it." — Mark Twain

“Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.” — H. L. Mencken

Posts: 2698 | Location: Falls of the Ohio River, Kain-tuk-e | Registered: January 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of FiveFiveSixFan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
I think that the Judge has realized how bad he has screwed up, and knows he is about to be disbarred.

jljones, I agree that it appears that the judge behaved very badly in this case, but the case mentioned by 2BobTanner caught my attention due to the unusual first name of the judge. A little searching brought this case up and I recognized it instantly since it was discussed here at the time.

Admittedly, this is another county, but searching further on this judge's cases reveals a number of instances both prior and subsequent to the one above where it could be argued that he exhibited seriously flawed judgment including this case. He sentences a man with multiple felony priors to probation after he committed additional felonies while already on probation for previous offenses. It seems the judge got suspended for 90 days once but no serious talk of disbarment that I could find.

Is there enough difference between the legal systems of various counties within KY to where Jamie Jameson could potentially be removed from the bench while Olu Stevens would be allowed to remain?

Posts: 7308 | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It seems like everything surrounding the Marshall County shooting is somewhat cloaked in secrecy. Parker had been disciplined for bringing a weapon to school last year.

I haven't heard a peep about that in the media. When we talk about how to prevent school violence, I would call that relevant.

Posts: 2096 | Location: Bowling Green, KY | Registered: January 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Villebilly Deluxe
posted Hide Post
I have zero confidence in The Judicial Conduct Committee. They cannot be trusted to do the right thing. The new governor has made some positive changes, but overall this case committee is a sham. Perhaps because of the publicity of this case they will do the right thing. I'm not holding my breath.

Posts: 393 | Location: Bluegrass State | Registered: February 09, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post