SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Plumbing question/clarification please
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Plumbing question/clarification please Login/Join 
posted
I am going to be changing a floor in a finished basement and need to adjust the height of the sewer line clean out access. It presently sits too high for my future material.

I would like to cut out the existing fitting (using one of the mini circular saw blades on a drill from inside the pipe) and replace it with an adjustable cleanout cap that can be made flush to the floor.

Once cut, I can easily slip something inside the pipe, but will not have access to the outside as it will be buried in the concrete.

I'm trying to determine if this item is sized to fit inside the 4" pipe or outside.

Thanks!

https://www.zurn.com/media-lib...pecsheets/co2450-pdf

Posts: 8955 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SSgt USMC/Vet
posted Hide Post
The cleanout stand pipe you speak of is it white or green. White will be sch40 and green will be sch35. If its green you will need a 35 to 40 bushing. What you are calling a cap is a adaptor and the top is a plug and both will go on the outside (OD) of the standpipe. I would not bury it just leave it to grade unless it will be abandoned. Email in profile I would be glad to answer any questions.

Posts: 1955 | Location: Northern Virginia/Buggs Island, Boydton Va. | Registered: July 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Standpipe is white PVC. I should clarify that I don't intend to bury the cleanout cap. It is the cut end of the standpipe that is, and will continue to be in the concrete.

Posts: 8955 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SSgt USMC/Vet
posted Hide Post
You can also buy the cast iron version of the adaptor and it will have a brass plug but I'm not a big fan of them. They also make what we called a cleanout sewer box to fit over and hide the CO so if its PVC it would not be damaged.

Posts: 1955 | Location: Northern Virginia/Buggs Island, Boydton Va. | Registered: July 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MNSIG:
I'm trying to determine if this item is sized to fit inside the 4" pipe or outside.

According to the spec sheet, that fitting slips onto the pipe.

Look at dimension A of CO‐2450‐PV4. That space is designed to accommodate 4" PVC. In the drawing you can see the inner rounded edges of the fitting; the outer edges are squared off.

How high is the clean-out standpipe? Do you have room for this fitting?

Posts: 8759 | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Why not just use a pneumatic test plug down in the pipe?

"Once abolish the God, and the Government becomes the God." --- G.K. Chesterton

Posts: 3856 | Location: WNY | Registered: April 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eating elephants
one bite at a time
Picture of ffips
posted Hide Post
What you linked is "hub" going over outside of the pipe.

The other option is "street" going inside the hub.

Go to your big box store like home depot or Lowe's. You can find a coupling (hub) and a street fitting that will go inside the hub. Street fittings are the same size as the pipe.

Posts: 3573 | Location: in the southwest Atlanta metro area | Registered: September 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rexles
posted Hide Post
You can get a fitting that has a flush mount screw in cap that glues inside of 4" pvc. Cut the PVC just a little under the floor and glue in plug adapter . Google TOM KAP by rector seal

NRA Life member
NRA Certified Instructor
"Our duty is to serve the mission, and if we're not doing that, then we have no right to call what we do service" Marcus Luttrell

Posts: 1113 | Location: Holland, OH | Registered: May 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^

The Tom-Kap looks like exactly what I need.

Thanks!