SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Dyson Service A++
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dyson Service A++ Login/Join 
posted
I have had a Dyson "stick" cordless vacuum (V11 Animal) for about a year. If I recall 2 year warranty. Some time back, the trigger switch began to randomly stick in the on positiona nd I had to bump it on the base to shut it down. Planned on sending it in for service but life got in the way. Yesterday while cleaning my house it showed a full charge but would only run for 6 seconds and shut down. Thought maybe I had wound something up on brush so removed wand and power head. pulled trigger, ran for six seconds and shut off. Called Dyson Service Center in Illinois and described issues. He replied we will send you a new vacuum module, just remove the bin and install it on the new vacuum. I asked if they were supplying a return shipment tag for the defective one, he said no, just dispose of it locally. He then hesitated and mentioned there may be a slight problem as they did not have the same unit in stock so would it be okay if he upgraded me to the next better unit and apologized because the color was not the same.
Like I really care what color my vacuum is... The call was on Thursday and the replacement arrives Monday according to UPS. Great service by my estimate.

The “POLICE"
Their job Is To Save Your Ass,
Not Kiss It

The muzzle end of a .45 pretty much says "go away" in any language - Clint Smith

Posts: 2872 | Location: See der Rabbits, Iowa | Registered: June 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
chickenshit
Picture of rsbolo
posted Hide Post
Nice. That's unexpectedly easy and pleasant.

Posts: 8000 | Location: East Central FL | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post