SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    FEMA administrator arrested for bribery re PR rebuild
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

FEMA administrator arrested for bribery re PR rebuild Login/Join 
wishing we
were congress
posted
https://www.justice.gov/usao-p...ions-llc-and-another

Department of Justice

FEMA Deputy Regional Administrator, Former President Of Cobra Acquisitions, LLC, And Another Former FEMA Employee Indicted For Conspiracy To Commit Bribery, Honest Services Wire Fraud, Disaster Fraud, Among Other Charges

SAN JUAN, Puerto Rico– Ahsha Nateef Tribble, a FEMA Region II, Deputy Regional Administrator; Donald Keith Ellison, former President of Cobra Acquisitions, LLC; and Jovanda R. Patterson, a.k.a. “Jo/Jojo,” former FEMA Deputy Chief of Staff, have been indicted and arrested on charges of: conspiracy to commit bribery of public officials; acts affecting a personal financial interest; false statements; disaster fraud; honest services wire fraud, Travel Act violations, and wire fraud, announced U.S. Attorney Rosa Emilia Rodríguez-Vélez of the District of Puerto Rico. The Department of Homeland Security (DHS), Office of Inspector General (OIG), conducted the investigation with support from the Federal Bureau of Investigation.

The indictment returned Tuesday, September 3, 2019, by a federal grand jury in the District of Puerto Rico, includes 15 counts against the following individuals:

Ahsha Nateef Tribble - Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA), Region II, Deputy Regional Administrator, assigned to work in Puerto Rico as part of FEMA’s response to Hurricane María. From October 2017 to September 2018, Tribble was also the Sector Lead for Power and Infrastructure in Puerto Rico and the Recovery Office Deputy Director – Infrastructure Directorate/Disaster Recovery Manager in the Office of the FEMA Federal Coordinating Officer.

Donald Keith Ellison - President of Cobra Acquisitions, LLC until June 2019;

Jovanda R. Patterson, a.k.a. “Jo/Jojo,” - FEMA Deputy Chief of Staff, assigned to San Juan, PR from October 2017 to March 2018. Patterson resigned from her position with FEMA in July 2018 to work for Cobra Energy LLC.

Ellison was President of Cobra Acquisitions, LLC (COBRA), the main contractor for the Puerto Rico Electric Power Authority (PREPA) as to recovery work performed following Hurricane María. PREPA executed two contracts with COBRA with a total contract value of approximately $1,845,429,800.00 . Work performed under both contracts was paid through PREPA with federal funds from FEMA.

From October 2017 to April 2019, Tribble and Ellison developed a personal relationship wherein Ellison provided Tribble with things of value with the intent to influence Tribble’s performance of official acts. Ellison provided Tribble with personal helicopter use, hotel accommodations, airfare, personal security services, and the use of a credit card. As part of Ellison’s pattern of providing things of value to Tribble, he also secured employment within COBRA’s affiliated companies for her friend, defendant Patterson. In exchange, Tribble performed official acts, including influencing, advising, and exerting pressure on PREPA and FEMA officials, in order to award restoration work to COBRA and accelerate payments to COBRA.

Posts: 19506 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
I'm shocked I say.... shocked

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37931 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
more detail

https://www.firstcoastnews.com...38-906f-db46c95b37ea

Rodríguez said that after an explosion at a power plant knocked out power to several towns in February 2018, Tribble pressured power authority officials to use Cobra rather than their own workforce. "She even told them that if they did not use Cobra, FEMA would not reimburse them," the prosecutor added.

Patterson, meanwhile, was accused of defrauding Cobra by telling the company her salary with FEMA was far larger than it was, and she was offered $160,000 a year to work for Cobra, Rodríguez said.

She allegedly was in the midst of negotiating the job with Cobra when she also participated for FEMA in part of Cobra's vendor bid process for work in Puerto Rico.

According to prosecutors, Tribble avoided using her FEMA email and cell phone, instead opting for private accounts and even a disposable prepaid cell number.

Posts: 19506 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Learn it, know it, live it
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rightwire:
I'm shocked I say.... shocked

I'm shocked as well.
Corruption in Puerto Rico, almost unimaginable.

Almost... Roll Eyes

Posts: 4354 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
“To further the conspiracy, Tribble and Ellison communicated using private email accounts, private cellular telephones, including a disposable prepaid cellular number, Apple iMessage, and SMS texts rather than FEMA issued email accounts or cellular telephones.”

Seems like I’ve heard of another individual using these same methods to hide criminal acts but I can’t quite put my finger on it...

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15502 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HayesGreener
posted Hide Post
Yet Trump was "racist" for mentioning how corrupt things are over there.

CMSGT USAF (Retired)
Chief of Police (Retired)

Posts: 4358 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post