SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    I don't know what to say to my brother...
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I don't know what to say to my brother... Login/Join 
Team Apathy
posted
My brother and his wife are expecting their second child but they just received a diagnosis of anencephaly. I had no idea what it was.

My sister-in-law texted my wife who told me. I have no idea what to say to my brother. I'm heartbroken for them. I guess that's all I can say.

Just venting a bit, I suppose.

Posts: 6364 | Location: Modesto, CA | Registered: January 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
not much you can, or even should say. my prayers go out for your family.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10487 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Needs a check up
from the neck up
Picture of Timdogg6
posted Hide Post
All you can be is supportive and non-judgemental. Prayers for your family.

The entire reason for the Second Amendment is not for hunting, it’s not for target shooting … it’s there so that you and I can protect our homes and our children and and our families and our lives. And it’s also there as fundamental check on government tyranny. Sen Ted Cruz

Posts: 5132 | Location: Boca Raton, FL The Gunshine State | Registered: July 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
All you can do is offer sympathy, love, and support. My best to all of you.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have not yet begun
to procrastinate
posted Hide Post
When a friend has this exact circumstance, I didn't know what to say either.
So that's what I said - "I'm so sorry you have to go through this, I really don't know what to say."

Prayers for the family.

--------
After the game, the King and the pawn go into the same box.

Posts: 3775 | Location: Central AZ | Registered: October 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
Prayer sent. Very sorry.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19186 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
Terrible to hear. My prayers are with your family.

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17460 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
Say nothing. Just hug him, let him lean on your shoulder and let out what he needs.

Posts: 13110 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The babies are missing part of their brain, and the skull is misshapen. Usually the infant cannot feed and dies within a day or two. I suspect the human body catches most deformities and aborts them, but a few slip by.

-c1steve

Posts: 4053 | Location: West coast | Registered: March 31, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
Lord have mercy. My heart goes out to all.

Posts: 11840 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eye on the
Silver Lining
posted Hide Post
I'm so sorry.

"Trust, but verify."

Posts: 5319 | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
The words I'd want to hear if I were facing that situation are, "If there's anything you need or anything you think we can do to help, please call. We're here to help in any way we can."

In these sorts of circumstances actions and behavior mean more than words. My prayers to you and your family.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't think there is much to say. Be supportive to you brother and his family. He will need a rock to support him. Im a Special needs Teacher and have had students with enencephaly. My prayers are with you and your family.

Posts: 507 | Registered: February 14, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hoping for better pharmaceuticals
Picture of AZSigs
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:
The words I'd want to hear if I were facing that situation are, "If there's anything you need or anything you think we can do to help, please call. We're here to help in any way we can."

In these sorts of circumstances actions and behavior mean more than words. My prayers to you and your family.

+1 My prayers go out to your family.

Getting shot is no achievement. Hitting your enemy is. NRA Endowment Member . NRA instructor

Posts: 8753 | Location: Peoria, Arizona | Registered: April 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nature is full of
magnificent creatures
posted Hide Post
Very sorry to read this. I cannot imagine dealing with that. All of your family are in my family's prayers.

Posts: 6273 | Registered: March 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
Prayers to you and your family. Tragic situation.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear this. Just tragic news. Nothing you can do or say, just be there

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10729 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by KMitch200:
"I'm so sorry you have to go through this, I really don't know what to say."
This.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Do the little things. Mow their grass, wash their clothes, do little repairs on their cars. Cook them meals.

Posts: 7019 | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Scottbadger
posted Hide Post
I don't think there is a right answer to what you should say to them. Being there for them will mean a lot. Prayers for your family.

Posts: 634 | Location: Redding, CA | Registered: March 22, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post