SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Waze use seems to be declining
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Waze use seems to be declining Login/Join 
Picture of holdem
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Edmond:
quote:
Originally posted by holdem:
Just drove from Orlando to Elijay, GA and back for a Thanksgiving break in a cabin. There were plenty of Waze users on I-75.

The portion of that drive from the Florida border to Macon is awful. Troopers hiding everywhere.

Yes, on the way up, on Tuesday, dozens of them.

On the way back on Sunday, not bad, probably only 3-4 in all of GA.

Posts: 2287 | Location: Orlando | Registered: April 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mikeyspizza:
I don't see Waze use declining. I use it everyday doing deliveries.

Yes, Google Maps warns of speed traps (info from Waze), but if you're using Google Maps to navigate there'ss no way to input a speed trap, object on road, or to report that it's not there anymore. Maybe if you are handholding your phone there is, but not if you are running it thru the car via Android Auto or Apply Play.

Google Maps does not redirect you in event of traffic jam, etc.

I think Google Maps does a better job of showing the locations of things. For example, say you want to go to the nearest Walmart. In Google Maps, search for Walmart and it shows the locations on the map along with your location. Waze shows a list of addresses, which doesn't help much unless you already know the address you want.

Google maps asks you if a speed trap is still active. It does not always ask, though, which I assume means it recently asked someone else who either verified or dismissed it. And I assume it only does that ever so often.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10487 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Perception:
I think they are in the process of porting the good features over as they kill off waze. The last time I used it, Google maps has added the ability to report that a speed trap is no longer there.
Regarding the reporting feature - was this with the phone plugged into your vehicle, or holding it in your hand and not plugged in?

Update: I tested this today. If navigating by Google Maps with phone in hand and not plugged in to vehicle, yo can report stuff. If plugged in to Android Auto (at least mine) there is no button to report.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: mikeyspizza,

Posts: 4010 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post