SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    9 Months ago today I was diagnosed with cancer, thanks for your prayers and thoughts (for those that do not pray)
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

9 Months ago today I was diagnosed with cancer, thanks for your prayers and thoughts (for those that do not pray) Login/Join 
Picture of Censored
posted
9 months ago I began chemo and radiation, 6 months ago today I had surgery for stage 3a esophageal cancer. It's a pretty nasty cancer. So far I am negative for reoccurrence. I am truly thankful for everyone's prayers and good thoughts as my family navigates through this diagnosis.

Prayer is strong.

I just wanted to thank everyone.

Posts: 2223 | Location: United States | Registered: February 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
Great to hear about your progress and negative reoccurence! I will continue to pray for you.

Posts: 9747 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
Smile I like good news. Hang in there.

Posts: 7355 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man Once
Child Twice
posted Hide Post
Yes they are. So glad to hear this.

Posts: 11148 | Location: NE OHIO | Registered: October 22, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Security Sage
Picture of striker1
posted Hide Post
Thank-you for sharing your update and good news!

RB

Cancer fighter (Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma) since 2009, now fighting Diffuse Large B-Cell Lymphoma.

Posts: 7133 | Location: Michiana | Registered: March 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
Very good news indeed. I can relate.

I went through 6 months of chemo and radiation starting in January of 2016 and major surgery in June of the same year, so I can relate to what you've gone through.

You and a few others here have been in my prayers and will continue to be.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
Nice to hear, glad it's working out.

There is iron in my words of death for all to see.
So there is iron in my words of life.

Posts: 31425 | Registered: February 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
As a cancer survivor, I know some of what you have been going through.

Congratulations, and best wishes that it does not recur. Prayers offered up.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25643 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.
Picture of thomjb
posted Hide Post
Great news!

Thom

"Tulta munille!"
NRA Benefactor Life Member
NRA Certified Instructor
NRA Range Safety Officer
SAF Life Member

Posts: 2835 | Location: SouthWest IN | Registered: August 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
Awesome!

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 6998 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Save today, so you can
buy tomorrow
posted Hide Post
That is great news. Keep on praying and trust that things will get better. Hope that cancer never comes back. I too was diagnosed with cancer (Thyroid) over a month ago. Just had my surgery 4 days ago. Still in the process of healing.

Posts: 1885 | Location: Las Vegas | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted Hide Post
That's awesome news!

Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain. Jack Kerouac

Posts: 16397 | Registered: March 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bushpilot
posted Hide Post
Prayers and best wishes for a long lasting recovery.

****************************************************W5SCM
"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution" - Abraham Lincoln

"I have been driven many times upon my knees by the overwhelming conviction that I had nowhere else to go" - Abraham Lincoln

Posts: 1143 | Location: Little Rock, AR | Registered: January 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Keep kicking cancer’s ass and I’ll keep sending positive vibes your way.

Posts: 4278 | Location: Peoples Republic of Berkeley | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Any cancer victory is good news indeed. Glad you are on the mend.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16086 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
I’m glad you are doing well. Thanks for the update. Continued prayers.

Posts: 26901 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live long
and prosper
Picture of 0-0
posted Hide Post
Best wishes and stay strong, Censored.

0-0

"OP is a troll" - Flashlightboy, 12/18/20

Posts: 12107 | Location: BsAs, Argentina | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Flying Sergeant
posted Hide Post
I’m so happy for you, and another prayer for you! Cancer sucks

Posts: 1673 | Location: Waukesha,WI | Registered: December 19, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of smlsig
posted Hide Post
Great news!
Thanks for the update and continued success..

------------------
Eddie

Our Founding Fathers were men who understood that the right thing is not necessarily the written thing. -kkina

Posts: 6315 | Location: In transit | Registered: February 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wonderful. Thanks for sharing!

Posts: 3537 | Location: Alexandria, VA | Registered: March 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post