SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Does this jacket exist?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Does this jacket exist? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
North Face mens Resolve jacket.
Hundred bucks-many colors.
Buy it one size larger and wear a couple layers underneath.
Mine looks brand new after two years of regular wear.

-------------

The sadder but wiser girl for me.

Posts: 1055 | Location: Idaho Panhandle | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of heisrizn
posted Hide Post
Tru-spec 3in1 H20 proof is what you described.

Jacket and parka length. Can get with side zippers for access to carry sidearm.

Lots of other features. $100-$145

https://www.truspec.com/outerw...proof-element-jacket

Posts: 1549 | Location: Fayetteville, NC | Registered: April 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of iron chef
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by corsair:
You've pretty much listed every attribute to getting a soft-shell:

- Around $150-200
- Doesn't need to be waterproof but, needs to be water repellant.
- Functional down to 20-25F
- Durable, able to deal with some abrasion but, not abuse.
- Versatile to use during commutes and for work
- Not too bulky

Yup, soft-shell, it's all about being comfortable throughout a range of temperatures. Anybody who's worn them will sing their praises and wonder why they wore a hard-shell for so long.
Every outdoor company makes them, the bigger brands make a giant range of them, for a range of activities, the most popular are around $120-180. Below are the most popular an enduring styles from their respective brands consider:
The North Face Apex Flex- An actual waterproof jacket that stretches and functions like a soft-shell.
The North Face Apex Bionic
Arc'Teryx Gamma LT
Marmot Leadville Jkt
Marmot Gravity Jkt
Patagonia Adze Jkt
Outdoor Research Ferrosi Jkt

I agree w/ corsair. I got a decent soft-shell several years ago that has held up well. I hardly wear my hard-shells anymore, since soft-shell covers at least 95% of the inclement weather I encounter. If it's raining hard enough to penetrate my soft-shell, then I probably don't want to be outside. If I must be outdoors in driving rain, then OK, I'll put on a hard-shell.

The company that made my soft-shell went out of business. I got mine on clearance for well under $100. The soft-shells they sell at Costco and Sam's for ~$30 are pretty dang good for the money. They have fewer technical features (fewer pockets, & drawstrings) and tend to have a boxier cut, but they'll keep you warm and dry.

I saw a buddy w/ new Carhartt soft-shell yesterday. It looked good and well-made.

CROWLEY HOODED JACKET $119.99 – $129.99 STYLE #102200

Posts: 3172 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post