SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Goodnature Rat/Possum/Rodent traps
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Goodnature Rat/Possum/Rodent traps Login/Join 
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted
Pretty interesting device, you hang it up, generally attached to a tree, the rodent enters it for food and bam, dead...

I'm thinking this would be good for squirrels n such.

Link to original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HqanqqdGbko

More Videos and intel on the product from NZ at the link.
The Link

Posts: 23439 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hillbilly Wannabe
posted Hide Post
I'm thinking the rat/stoat size one would work on squirrels. $200 bucks buys a lot of pellets or Aquila 22s though.

Cool machine though.

They are using them in Hawaii to kill rats and protect bird populations.

Posts: 2545 | Location: Georgia | Registered: July 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
I'm thinking this would be good for squirrels n such

I checked no squirrel bait in their online store. I have written them to see if they have a product for squirrels and asked if they are safe to use around cats and small dogs. I will post reply in this thread.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20820 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
How do it work?

Posts: 26904 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arfmel:
How do it work?

Pretty sure it works like this:

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20820 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
1. What are they killing possums?

2. I've never seen a possum that looks like that. Confused

Posts: 21105 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cas:

I think because they eat the bird eggs in NZ. New Zealand possums may look different than US?

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Picture of HayesGreener
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
quote:
Originally posted by cas:

I think because they eat the bird eggs in NZ. New Zealand possums may look different than US?

Unless their possums are much more of a pest than ours I see no purpose in killing possums where I live

CMSGT USAF (Retired)
Chief of Police (Retired)

Posts: 4358 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dlc444
posted Hide Post
quote:
Unless their possums are much more of a pest than ours I see no purpose in killing possums where I live

Wait until one dies under your house, or tears through your HVAC ducts.

One is vomit inducing, the other can be very expensive.

-.---.----.. -.---.----.. -.---.----..
It seems to me that any law that is not enforced and can't be enforced weakens all other laws.

Posts: 4357 | Location: Tampa | Registered: August 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post