SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Where to get insurance on your guns
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Where to get insurance on your guns Login/Join 
Picture of lee40215
posted
Called my homeowners to get a quote on my pistols and rifles as a Ryder and thought got a high quote. Is there a better alternative?

Posts: 1097 | Location: Louisville, Kentucky | Registered: August 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
Guess it depends on the value.
I added a rider to my State Farm policy added like $3 a month. No need for serial numbers etc. Just a blanket value. But my collection is not really all that much.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25334 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
My rider was stupid high (MetLife). Could buy a new SIG every few years with it. Watching thread. I only have $2,000 or 2,500 in coverage on base plan. How about ammo coverage? I have many thousands in that.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20741 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kuglespritz
posted Hide Post
Check out Eastern Insurance, they have good rates:

https://www.easterninsurance.com

Posts: 754 | Location: Michigan | Registered: March 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
I just have the NRA insurance that comes with NRA Life Membership.

I have no affiliation with them, but many past threads have mentioned Collectibles Inusrance Services

Every time I look into this I get distracted and never follow through on getting more insurance.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23086 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
I have never actually looked into or thought about insurance coverage for guns as I pay enough stuff every month, but I guess I should at least see what the NRA offers since I am a life member. I know State Farm has sent me literature to get things like jewelry covered, but we really only have just my wife’s wedding ring worth anything. I will be watching this thread as well.

NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 8657 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Would home umbrella coverage cover gun loss and liability in event of a HD situation?

Now looking at USCCA coverage, anyone ever have to use or know of anyone who has had to use the services of these guys? Seems they offer legal/financial support, mention gun loss coverage although the details are not available.

Posts: 3232 | Location: Middle Earth, Rivendell | Registered: November 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HayesGreener
posted Hide Post
I have been using Core Vens insurance for years and we are quite happy with them. I have up to $100,000 for $350 a year. They are underwritten by Travelers. We have Farm Bureau on the house but the coverage is minimal and a rider for additional gun coverage is cost prohibitive.

https://www.corevensguninsurance.com/

CMSGT USAF (Retired)
Chief of Police (Retired)

Posts: 4357 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
If you see me running
try to keep up
Picture of mrvmax
posted Hide Post
I’m using this one but have never had a claim so not really sure how good they are. They take my money once a year and give me a stack of papers in exchange.
https://collectinsure.com/what...s-knives-accessories

Posts: 4074 | Location: Friendswood Texas | Registered: August 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lee40215
posted Hide Post
Called collectibles this morning. They gave me a Quote of just shy of 250.00 for 30,000 coverage. Covers all weapons, ammo, safes if over 300lbs empty and knives scopes ect. A lot better than what I was quoted on homeowners as a Ryder.

Posts: 1097 | Location: Louisville, Kentucky | Registered: August 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I use that NRA/Lockton's.
Glad to see some other companies as well.
They look like more coverage for the same money (350.)

Has anyone had a claim with any of them? That's really where the rubber meets the road.

Posts: 1651 | Location: SC | Registered: December 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Black92LX,

I have State Farm for just about everything.

I inquired about insurance for my firearms and they indicated I would need to provide a listing of serial numbers and pictures (I am in Ohio).

Was this required of you?

I thought it was considered by most on this board that having to provide a list of serials was a bad thing?

I figure my collection (with optics) is about $50K and I have 0 (zero) insurance for them right now, other than a large safe.

Regards,

The "Boz"

Posts: 1528 | Location: Central Ohio, USA | Registered: May 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
As an FFL, Collectibles or the NRA sponsored (Lockton ?) are all I use. Best coverage and rates.

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 6984 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
I get mine through the company promoted by the NRA, it seems a tad expensive but I have no clue as to how good or bad it is since as with all my other liability policies I have never had to use them. Now health is a different matter... I'm finding out about that right now with something between 80 and 100 grand in bills from April....

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post