SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Climate Change- The Great Hoax
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Climate Change- The Great Hoax Login/Join 
Picture of downtownv
posted
30 min. of the best scientific evidence you'll ever hear.

Set aside the time to listen, as it doesn't get better than this presentation.
Good for Trump that he pulled out of the Global Summit.

A great scientist named Roger Revelle had Al Gore in his class at Harvard and the Global Warming campaign was born.

Revelle tried to calm things down years later, but Gore said Revelle was senile and refused to debate.

John Coleman documents the entire story and shows how our tax dollars are perpetuating the Global Warming alarmist campaign even though temperatures have not risen in years and years.

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8318 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There must be a new push on this, there was just a local news piece tonight with a couple of Iowa State University "scientists" promoting this crap. According to them it appears we will soon be swimming here in January. Not sure if that is because it will be so warm or the water will be that high. Wink

The “POLICE"
Their job Is To Save Your Ass,
Not Kiss It

The muzzle end of a .45 pretty much says "go away" in any language - Clint Smith

Posts: 2876 | Location: See der Rabbits, Iowa | Registered: June 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My newest DIL was very afraid after reading a propaganda piece in New York Magazine. lies from the UN, and even quoted Algore.

They always seem to have an unstated, but obvious need to get to one world government so that we can be forced to save the planet.

This always sets off my Powergrabbing SOB Alarm, so I go clean my rifle.

Posts: 1345 | Location: WI | Registered: July 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative Behind
Enemy Lines
Picture of synthplayer
posted Hide Post
My old truck had over 300k miles on it and had been battered quite a bit. I figured I had nothing to lose, so I put some tattoos bumper stickers on it. One of them read:

GLOBAL WARMING
Have you fallen for the scam?

I found what you said riveting.

Posts: 10696 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: June 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
TIME Magazine June 1974: Another Ice Age?

In Africa, drought continues for the sixth consecutive year, adding terribly to the toll of famine victims. During 1972 record rains in parts of the U.S., Pakistan and Japan caused some of the worst flooding in centuries. In Canada’s wheat belt, a particularly chilly and rainy spring has delayed planting and may well bring a disappointingly small harvest. Rainy Britain, on the other hand, has suffered from uncharacteristic dry spells the past few springs. A series of unusually cold winters has gripped the American Far West, while New England and northern Europe have recently experienced the mildest winters within anyone’s recollection.

As they review the bizarre and unpredictable weather pattern of the past several years, a growing number of scientists are beginning to suspect that many seemingly contradictory meteorological fluctuations are actually part of a global climatic upheaval. However widely the weather varies from place to place and time to time, when meteorologists take an average of temperatures around the globe they find that the atmosphere has been growing gradually cooler for the past three decades. The trend shows no indication of reversing. Climatological Cassandras are becoming increasingly apprehensive, for the weather aberrations they are studying may be the harbinger of another ice age.

Telltale signs are everywhere —from the unexpected persistence and thickness of pack ice in the waters around Iceland to the southward migration of a warmth-loving creature like the armadillo from the Midwest.Since the 1940s the mean global temperature has dropped about 2.7° F. Although that figure is at best an estimate, it is supported by other convincing data. When Climatologist George J. Kukla of Columbia University’s Lamont-Doherty Geological Observatory and his wife Helena analyzed satellite weather data for the Northern Hemisphere, they found that the area of the ice and snow cover had suddenly increased by 12% in 1971 and the increase has persisted ever since. Areas of Baffin Island in the Canadian Arctic, for example, were once totally free of any snow in summer; now they are covered year round.

Scientists have found other indications of global cooling. For one thing there has been a noticeable expansion of the great belt of dry, high-altitude polar winds —the so-called circumpolar vortex—that sweep from west to east around the top and bottom of the world. Indeed it is the widening of this cap of cold air that is the immediate cause of Africa’s drought. By blocking moisture-bearing equatorial winds and preventing them from bringing rainfall to the parched sub-Sahara region, as well as other drought-ridden areas stretching all the way from Central America to the Middle East and India, the polar winds have in effect caused the Sahara and other deserts to reach farther to the south. Paradoxically, the same vortex has created quite different weather quirks in the U.S. and other temperate zones. As the winds swirl around the globe, their southerly portions undulate like the bottom of a skirt. Cold air is pulled down across the Western U.S. and warm air is swept up to the Northeast. The collision of air masses of widely differing temperatures and humidity can create violent storms—the Midwest’s recent rash of disastrous tornadoes, for example,Sunspot Cycle.

The changing weather is apparently connected with differences in the amount of energy that the earth’s surface receives from the sun. Changes in the earth’s tilt and distance from the sun could, for instance, significantly increase or decrease the amount of solar radiation falling on either hemisphere—thereby altering the earth’s climate. Some observers have tried to connect the eleven-year sunspot cycle with climate patterns, but have so far been unable to provide a satisfactory explanation of how the cycle might be involved.

Man, too, may be somewhat responsible for the cooling trend. The University of Wisconsin’s Reid A. Bryson and other climatologists suggest that dust and other particles released into the atmosphere as a result of farming and fuel burning may be blocking more and more sunlight from reaching and heating the surface of the earth.

Climatic Balance. Some scientists like Donald Oilman, chief of the National Weather Service’s long-range-prediction group, think that the cooling trend may be only temporary. But all agree that vastly more information is needed about the major influences on the earth’s climate. Indeed, it is to gain such knowledge that 38 ships and 13 aircraft, carrying scientists from almost 70 nations, are now assembling in the Atlantic and elsewhere for a massive 100-day study of the effects of the tropical seas and atmosphere on worldwide weather. The study itself is only part of an international scientific effort known acronymically as GARP (for Global Atmospheric Research Program).

Whatever the cause of the cooling trend, its effects could be extremely serious, if not catastrophic. Scientists figure that only a 1% decrease in the amount of sunlight hitting the earth’s surface could tip the climatic balance, and cool the planet enough to send it sliding down the road to another ice age within only a few hundred years.

The earth’s current climate is something of an anomaly; in the past 700,000 years, there have been at least seven major episodes of glaciers spreading over much of the planet. Temperatures have been as high as they are now only about 5% of the time. But there is a peril more immediate than the prospect of another ice age. Even if temperature and rainfall patterns change only slightly in the near future in one or more of the three major grain-exporting countries—the U.S., Canada and Australia —global food stores would be sharply reduced. University of Toronto Climatologist Kenneth Hare, a former president of the Royal Meteorological Society, believes that the continuing drought and the recent failure of the Russian harvest gave the world a grim premonition of what might happen. Warns Hare: “I don’t believe that the world’s present population is sustainable if there are more than three years like 1972 in a row.”

https://seeker401.wordpress.co...974-another-ice-age/

Posts: 12580 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Some Shot:
My newest DIL was very afraid after reading a propaganda piece in New York Magazine. lies from the UN, and even quoted Algore.

They always seem to have an unstated, but obvious need to get to one world government so that we can be forced to save the planet.

This always sets off my Powergrabbing SOB Alarm, so I go clean my rifle.
Best question to pose to anyone who might afford this twaddle any credibility at all...."Have these experts predictions 'ever' been right in the past?" They've batted 1,000 on everything having to do with 'Climate Change' so far, in that they've been wrong every time on everything.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative Behind
Enemy Lines
Picture of synthplayer
posted Hide Post
Yep. Remember Robert Redford crying in 1970 that the oceans would be dead by 2000 because of global cooling? Roll Eyes

I found what you said riveting.

Posts: 10696 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: June 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
:^)
Picture of BillyBonesNY
posted Hide Post
In the 90's my esteemed Geology professor, W. D. Means laughed at a student who brought up global warming.

Time wise, geologically speaking, he said to identify a trend of this nature would take a substantially longer time.

Arguements ensued and he expounded on his credentials which were impressive.

And that the professors promoting the concept at the time didn't rank in his opinion and felt it academically irresponssible.

Anyhow, I learned a great deal from him and have always had a bug for geology.

I will always cherish having the honor of being one of his students.

----------------------------------------
http://lonesurvivorfoundation.org

Posts: 7177 | Registered: March 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
I'm a skeptic too... but with that said the experts tend to agree that around 15,000 years ago there was about 2miles of ice over what is now the upper part of North America.... If that is true then logic says it has and is getting warmer...

We'll know who is right in about 10-20,000 years...

there is one fact no of us can dispute...

"WE'RE ALL GONNA DIE!"

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Wishbone
posted Hide Post
All I know is that for some reason these hurricanes keep getting stronger and more frequent.

Posts: 946 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: November 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Reporting? from the multitude of sources available seems to be more varied, quicker, and questionable as to accuracy than ever before.
Wait till the next day and everything is 180 degrees from the previous reporting!

Al Gore saying someone is senile, now there is a funny!

Jim

Posts: 1344 | Location: Southern Black Hills | Registered: September 14, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now in Florida
Picture of ChicagoSigMan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bettysnephew:
There must be a new push on this, there was just a local news piece tonight with a couple of Iowa State University "scientists" promoting this crap. According to them it appears we will soon be swimming here in January. Not sure if that is because it will be so warm or the water will be that high. Wink

I think it's in the news again because the IPCC just came out with their annual report. Turns out we only have 12 years to save the planet.

Posts: 6061 | Location: FL | Registered: March 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
FOLLOW THE MONEY...

Posts: 8318 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
Who stands to gain if we followed Al Gore's advice?

Middle Eastern oil producing countries.

Who paid Al Gore tens of millions, supposedly for a failed TV network, that nobody watched?

Anybody see a connection there?

Posts: 9456 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Wishbone:
All I know is that for some reason these hurricanes keep getting stronger and more frequent.

Having lived in coastal Florida all of my life, I would disagree with your premise. No hurricanes hit Florida between Irene (1999) and Charley (2004). 2004 and 2005 were busy years, but then none hit Florida between Wilma (2005) and Hermine (2016). This pattern--bursts of activity followed by prolonged calm--has been pretty consistent, but the most recent 11-year calm period was the longest one in the last 100 years.

Posts: 989 | Location: Tampa | Registered: July 27, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 220-9er:
Who stands to gain if we followed Al Gore's advice?

Who paid Al Gore tens of millions, supposedly for a failed TV network, that nobody watched?

Anybody see a connection there?

The speaker points out to the Federal Grant $ paid out to "Researchers" and they only pay for what they want to believe...

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Wishbone:

But they simply aren't.

"A new study by Jessica Weinkle (University of Colorado), Ryan Maue (Naval Research Laboratory), and Roger Pielke, Jr. (University of Colorado) dumps more cold water on claims that global warming significantly (detectably) influences hurricane behavior.

The researchers examined data on the number and power of hurricanes making landfall in the five main hurricane basins: North Atlantic, northeastern Pacific, western North Pacific, northern Indian Ocean, and Southern Hemisphere. The data extend back to 1944 for the North Atlantic, to 1950 for the northeastern Pacific, and to 1970 for the other basins. The data for all basins is current through 2010.

Here’s what Weinkle, Maue, and Pielke, Jr. found:

We have identified considerable interannual variability in the frequency of global hurricane landfalls; but within the resolution of the available data, our evidence does not support the presence of significant long-period global or individual basin linear trends for minor, major, or total hurricanes within the period(s) covered by the available quality data. Therefore, our long-period analysis does not support claims that increasing TC [tropical cyclone] landfall frequency or landfall intensity has contributed to concomitantly increasing economic losses."

http://www.globalwarming.org/2...dfalling-hurricanes/

Why do you think they are ?
FAKE NEWS. For example, I heard many in the mainstream national news media calling Hurricane Michael "unprecedented". But it simply wasn't. Michael was a Cat 4 storm when it his land. We have had numerous Cat 5 storms make the US mainland:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/...ed_States_hurricanes

Note the Cat 5 hurricanes going back to 1935.

"Crom is strong! If I die, I have to go before him, and he will ask me, 'What is the riddle of steel?' If I don't know it, he will cast me out of Valhalla and laugh at me."

Posts: 6641 | Registered: September 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
Unfortunately, the world DID end on Y2K.

We've been living in a parallel universe since then, where up is down, black is white, and all the rules have been stood on their head.

I've been saying this for years.

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Without watching the video and looking at the frame capture in the OP.........We are getting information about global warming by the esteemed....wait for it.....
Dr. Suess.

The Green Eggs and Ham version of global warming?

Posts: 879 | Registered: December 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4MUL8R
posted Hide Post
Read this novel on your next trip

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/State_of_Fear

Excellent research woven into a compelling narrative.

-------
Trying to simplify my life...

Posts: 5041 | Location: Commonwealth of Virginia | Registered: January 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post