SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Daily Mail vs The Slingshot Channel
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Daily Mail vs The Slingshot Channel Login/Join 
posted
Not sure how many people follow Joerg Sprave on youtube (The Slingshot Channel).

The Daily Mail in the UK ambushed this guy at his house to interview him about a video and wrote this straight up hit piece:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/new...ating-stab-vest.html

This made the rounds over the weekend and resulted in videos of his getting pulled and him getting a strike which is a pretty big deal for a full time youtuber.

So the outpouring of rage over this bullshit got youtube to reverse their decision and now that he's back he uploaded this response video:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=tAP6yL-EdY8

Posts: 3468 | Registered: January 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative Behind
Enemy Lines
Picture of synthplayer
posted Hide Post
Thanks Scurvy. That was great!

I found what you said riveting.

Posts: 10703 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: June 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
Annoying laugh, but mostly harmless.

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17460 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
I'm subscribed to Joerg's YouTube channel and did what I could to help him.

He moved on from slingshots long ago but generally stays true to using rubber to create some very clever shooters. He's now also into edged weapons and compressed air that he uses to push the limits of Germany's laws on what's a toy an what isn't.

His YouTube has been so successful he's quit his job so the threat to losing his channel was very serious. He's also got a Patreon deal going for those so inclined. To justify that I think he's been producing too much lately and overplaying his shtick -- the laugh for one.

When I get an email notification for one of his vids, I will always check it out.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8328 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ripley:

His YouTube has been so successful he's quit his job so the threat to losing his channel was very serious. He's also got a Patreon deal going for those so inclined. To justify that I think he's been producing too much lately and overplaying his shtick -- the laugh for one.

When I get an email notification for one of his vids, I will always check it out.

It seems like the mainstream media is waging war against Youtube. Apparently they think that they should have all those advertising dollars.

Posts: 3468 | Registered: January 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post