SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    American Standard customer service
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

American Standard customer service Login/Join 
The success of a solution usually depends upon your point of view
posted
I called them to try and order some parts for a toilet that I can't find anywhere local. The warranty is for 10 years and requires the receipt and you must be the original owner. I don't have the receipt and it may be more then 10 years old but it doesn't matter because I was calling to find the part numbers so I can buy them.

Nope, not having anything to do with that plan. Not only did the customer service guy speak English and know what he was talking about but he insisted on sending me the entire flushing assembly and threw in new tank mounting gaskets and hardware. Complementary.

Said the next time I need them I will have to buy them.

The toilet is awesome, it will flush a small child if you're not careful, the customer support was just above and beyond my expectations.

“We truly live in a wondrous age of stupid.” - 83v45magna

"I think it's important that people understand free speech doesn't mean free from consequences societally or politically or culturally."
-Pranjit Kalita, founder and CIO of Birkoa Capital Management

Posts: 3840 | Location: Jacksonville, FL | Registered: September 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
WOW, thanks for posting.

Customer Service is not overrated. Smile

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36834 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's nice to know there is still good customer service out there.

Posts: 1563 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: August 17, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Fun fact, American Standard is called Ideal Standard in France.

I guess they figured they could sell more faucets in France if they didn't have the word American on them. Smile

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30299 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
Ironic, the one place customer service hasn't gone down the crapper!

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
That is fantastic the CSR was able to figure out exactly what you needed. Not too often do I call American Standard, but a customer urinal issue may get them involved. I regularly deal with Gerber and Moen, and occasionally Sloan, Delta, Central Brass, T&S Brass, etc.

Moen recently sent me out a new cartridge and handle screw for a cheap-ass 8" center two handle shower valve with mostly plastic parts. Poor design for its application, the shower in a band dressing room at a rock club, but I guess it fills a price point. Damn nice of Moen to send out the parts in the first place, as "others" put this faucet in, age unknown, and it was in a commercial setting.

Gerber is exceptionally helpful. Send out my brother a new cold stem for his three-handle ceramic cartridge shower faucet. The original parts had been assembled incorrectly, and just plain did not work right. An unusual occurrence. They also 'fessed up when some toilet bowls from Mexico (in the mid-'90s) were coming through with production issues, making them veritable rocking bowls. And satisfies warranty issues quickly without fuss.

The Sloan Flushmate

Posts: 8759 | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Texas Proud
Picture of texassierra
posted Hide Post

Posts: 1900 | Location: DFW | Registered: March 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SpinZone:
I called them to try and order some parts for a toilet that I can't find anywhere local. The warranty is for 10 years and requires the receipt and you must be the original owner. I don't have the receipt and it may be more then 10 years old but it doesn't matter because I was calling to find the part numbers so I can buy them.

Nope, not having anything to do with that plan. Not only did the customer service guy speak English and know what he was talking about but he insisted on sending me the entire flushing assembly and threw in new tank mounting gaskets and hardware. Complementary.

Said the next time I need them I will have to buy them.

The toilet is awesome, it will flush a small child if you're not careful, the customer support was just above and beyond my expectations.

Completely agree with this. The darn thing is like a black hole.

Q

Posts: 26205 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hoping for better pharmaceuticals
Picture of AZSigs
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by zoom6zoom:
Ironic, the one place customer service hasn't gone down the crapper!

Big Grin Big Grin

Getting shot is no achievement. Hitting your enemy is. NRA Endowment Member . NRA instructor

Posts: 8752 | Location: Peoria, Arizona | Registered: April 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post