SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    I Had A Nice Weekend. You?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I Had A Nice Weekend. You? Login/Join 
Too clever by half
Picture of jigray3
posted
Went to a AA baseball game Friday night. Pitcher's duel, Richmond lead 1-0 the whole way until the 9th. Reading came back to tie in the 9th, but the Squirrels managed to win in a walk-off in the bottom half. Also had a really nice meal at the game. A local seafood restaurant set up shop and sells some really good crabcake sandwiches, Hellfire Shrimp and a favorite local craft beer, Legend Brown Ale. I like a corn dog as much as the next guy, but this was way better.

Saturday, the girls wanted to go to a chick flick. I surprised them by agreeing to go as well, and made it a family outing. It was in one of those dine in theaters. The food was better than expected and craft beer again, made it the experience kind of enjoyable.

Today, I played golf well enough to go home the big winner. I took money from the guys in my threesome - guys I enjoying lifting a few dollars from, and won the groupvstableford and had a couple skins to boot. Left $78.00 richer.

This evening, I grilled some steaks to go with shrimp cocktail, fresh green beans and sliced Hanover tomatoes drizzled with Balsamic, basil, and fresh pepper. It's been such a nice weekend, I had to put a cherry on top. I just poured myself an 18 yr old Elijah Craig, a double, as it happens.

Hope yours was every bit as nice.

"We have a system that increasingly taxes work, and increasingly subsidizes non-work" - Milton Friedman

Posts: 10353 | Location: Richmond, VA | Registered: December 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The success of a solution usually depends upon your point of view
posted Hide Post
Drove up to VA Friday to spend 4 days with my son, D-I-L, and grandkids.

it’s been a nice weekend.

“We truly live in a wondrous age of stupid.” - 83v45magna

"I think it's important that people understand free speech doesn't mean free from consequences societally or politically or culturally."
-Pranjit Kalita, founder and CIO of Birkoa Capital Management

Posts: 3849 | Location: Jacksonville, FL | Registered: September 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kg5388
posted Hide Post
Perfect weather for a motorcycle ride with friends to Shiloh military park and eating lunch at Hagy’s catfish hotel. Back home After 7 hours on the bike and then got cleaned up and then out to a local Italian bar for an excellent dinner with more friends.

Sunday started with a motorcycle ride to IHOP for breakfast with my one year old grandson Jackson. Then back to the house for a long nap and a day playing with Jackson he is staying the night and just put him to bed and poured me a glass of Elmer T Lee and lit a Hemingway short story cigar on the back porch.

Posts: 1846 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: January 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serenity now!
Picture of 4x5
posted Hide Post
We spent the last week on the beach in Northern Oregon. Beautiful beaches and a wonderful time with three of our kids.

Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice - pull down your pants and slide on the ice.
ʘ ͜ʖ ʘ

Posts: 4929 | Location: Highland, UT | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Short. Fat. Bald.
Costanzaesque.

Picture of TexasScrub
posted Hide Post
Went up to Dinkey Creek, Ca, and did some hiking to an old abandoned yet semi rehabilitated logging camp. It was an actual date with a kindergarten teacher, and she likes to shoot and appreciates the job the POTUS is doing.

I will take her out again!

Posts: 1983 | Location: Victoria, TX | Registered: February 11, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
My little brother drove 15 hours to come hang out for 3 days, and headed back home this morning.

We had a great time. Got a good bit of cruising in.

Smile

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43870 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4859
posted Hide Post
Saturday I bought a brand new Ruger Mini 14 Stainless Tactical. Today I sold an old cargo trailer for pulling behind a car for $200. Went Prairie Dog hunting for the first time in over 20 years and while doing that saw a Mountain Lion. Glad I had the Mini 14 with to try out and my P227 Carry on. Pretty good weekend.

-----------------------------
Always carry. Never tell.

Posts: 5772 | Location: Montana  | Registered: May 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
Tonight I finally got out the Takahashi TSA-102 and got it mounted on a Half Hitch FTX mount I bought recently. First time I've used the Tak since moved from Maui. Sky is not dark, but views of Jupiter and Saturn were spectacular. Waiting for Mars to clear the eucalyptus trees. Cool

OK Mars has cleared the eucalyptus; weird thing is the huge blooming spike of the century plant was blocking it so had to move the scope. Big, bright orange, no little people.
Also tried looking for the moons of Saturn--no luck so far.

Posts: 18049 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Edge seeking
Sharp blade!
posted Hide Post
Nice pizza dinner on Friday with my brothers and favorite cute cousin visiting from Maine.

Didn't do well but had fun racing sailboat on Saturday. Went to a friend's to help him install a boat lift and launched his boat on a little lake he just moved to. He was so happy and appreciative.

Sailed well on Sunday and the punk kid next door (me) won! I race against guys I grew up with and who have been competing against each other since the 60's. The amazing athlete who wins at everything grew up next door to me. We had a back and forth duel and he erased my lead on the final leg. I made a couple of good tacks close to the finish line which caused him to make a tack with no speed when I had some. Shot the line and I nipped him!

Went to a BBQ birthday party at a college buddys' and his son's girlfriend seemed to want hang out with me. Which was nice since she was attractive and pleasant. I must have had the glow of a winner which I need to earn more often.

Posts: 7452 | Location: Over the hills and far away | Registered: January 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
Monkey, what's that you're driving? Chevelle?

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15210 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Flying Sergeant
posted Hide Post
Had a great weekend, to match the great week. Spent it up north. All of our kids made it, so it was a lot of fun. Weather was perfect, got to see a snowshoe baseball game, fishing, so, getting a couple new shooters going, a great week!

Posts: 1673 | Location: Waukesha,WI | Registered: December 19, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Relaxed, did a little yard work, watched Ready Player One, and had a yummy steak salad for dinner last night. Little unproductive, but with all the hours I've been working, I really needed some down time.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20815 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
Saturday afternoon we had some friends over. Hung out sitting on the deck while the kids swam. I perfected the Old Fashioned and enjoyed a few. Then Sunday we got back from church and the family swam for a bit while I napped. Then they decided to do pizza and watch Ready Player One, which turned out to be a much better movie than I expected.

It was a nice relaxing weekend with family and friends.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15251 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I don't know man I
just got here myself
Picture of mrw
posted Hide Post
Mostly worked in my hotel room in Takoradi Ghana. Back to the job site today.

mrw

Hand Made Custom Knives
www.sandownforge.com

Posts: 1737 | Location: Gulf Coast Florida | Registered: June 29, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
Great weekend! Coffeeaddict was able to get off with half a day on Saturday and we were able to hop in the car for a little getaway Saturday evening and Sunday. Rare for her to be able to get away, as weekends are typically her busiest days, so we made the most of it!

I'm sure someone will be able to guess where we were pretty easily, based on this:

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
BBQ Sauce for Everyone!
Picture of TKO
posted Hide Post
Got the new car cleaned up, garage too while I was at it. Met up with a buddy I hadn't seen in quite a while and had some sushi. (treat for me, wife doesn't partake)

Got some ammo loaded, had date night with the wife Saturday night (dinner out and a movie in).

Gear pulled and packed for a scuba trip this coming weekend. All in all, just the right mix of productive and fun for me.

"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." Albert Einstein

Posts: 8121 | Location: Phoenix AZ | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
Took the new to us boat for a spin.

Posts: 10913 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PHPaul:
Monkey, what's that you're driving? Chevelle?

1964 Buick Pervertable Frankenlark GS prototype wannabe (Skylark. Nailhead, Dual quads, 4 speed, 2.54 scooter)

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43870 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes!

We had great weather here. 75 degrees with a 53 dew point. I took advantage of it and got some outdoor projects done.

Might not count as "fun" but it sure felt good being out there.

Posts: 8954 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victim of Life's
Circumstances
Picture of doublesharp
posted Hide Post
Long w-end for us. 2 days at Lake Cumberland State Resort Cottage and then 2 days with my favorite cousin in Somerset. Fine dinner at Guthries overlooking the lake.

Posts: 4695 | Location: Sunnyside of Louisville | Registered: July 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post