SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Orthotic thread
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Orthotic thread Login/Join 
Picture of msfzoe
posted
A while ago there was a thread on OTC orthotics.
Anyone know where it went?
My full length custom orthotics, to correct pancake like flat feet, do not fit in my new milsurp boots.
Seeking a thinner or non full length orthotic to properly fit my Army boots.
Thanks guys.

Posts: 2422 | Location: newyorkistan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Check out Aetrex Lynco orthotics. They are the number 1 selling, over the counter, orthotics in the world. I work in an "old time" style shoe store. We have our own pedorthic department & the company trains us. I use them & got my husband using them too. If you are not sure which ones to get, call them. I'd recommend the 3/4 length 520 or the 620. Make sure to get use to them gradually. They also have a 30 day money back guarantee.

Posts: 537 | Registered: March 14, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In the yahd, not too
fah from the cah
Picture of ryan81986
posted Hide Post
I got mine fitted at my chiropractor's office. He scanned my feet and measured my boots and they're a perfect fit.

Posts: 6339 | Location: Just outside of Boston | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
I like Superfeet Black for thin inner soles. And their rigid half sole for dress shoes.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12683 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post

Posts: 15001 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not all who wander
are lost.
Picture of JohnV
posted Hide Post
Superfeet Blue

These are made for people like us....flat feet.

I sold shoes and orthotics for years prior to having a career. They are really nice orthotics.

Posted from my iPhone.

Posts: 4311 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: February 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
+1 on Lynco - many shops have the machine that maps your feet.

I prefer the full length - keep another pair of shoes/boots handy for the first couple of days, and don't be afraid to change until your feet adjust to the supports.

Posts: 2768 | Location: Northern California | Registered: December 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have tried A LOT of "orthotics".
Superfeet are OK, but just barely acceptable to reach my high arches.

Ironically, the best (for me) is the Walkfit.
https://www.walkfit.com/

But they do take a little getting used to at first. It feels like you are stepping on a golf ball. After a while, I don't even notice them.

"Crom is strong! If I die, I have to go before him, and he will ask me, 'What is the riddle of steel?' If I don't know it, he will cast me out of Valhalla and laugh at me."

Posts: 6641 | Registered: September 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post