SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Orthotic thread

Moderators: Chris Orndorff, LDD
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Orthotic thread Login/Join 
Picture of msfzoe
posted
A while ago there was a thread on OTC orthotics.
Anyone know where it went?
My full length custom orthotics, to correct pancake like flat feet, do not fit in my new milsurp boots.
Seeking a thinner or non full length orthotic to properly fit my Army boots.
Thanks guys.

Posts: 1657 | Location: newyorkistan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Check out Aetrex Lynco orthotics. They are the number 1 selling, over the counter, orthotics in the world. I work in an "old time" style shoe store. We have our own pedorthic department & the company trains us. I use them & got my husband using them too. If you are not sure which ones to get, call them. I'd recommend the 3/4 length 520 or the 620. Make sure to get use to them gradually. They also have a 30 day money back guarantee.

Posts: 294 | Registered: March 14, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In the yahd, not too
fah from the cah
Picture of ryan81986
posted Hide Post
I got mine fitted at my chiropractor's office. He scanned my feet and measured my boots and they're a perfect fit.

Posts: 5282 | Location: Metro West, MA | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
I like Superfeet Black for thin inner soles. And their rigid half sole for dress shoes.

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." - B.Franklin
"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy

Posts: 6699 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post

Posts: 11598 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not all who wander
are lost.
Picture of JohnV
posted Hide Post
Superfeet Blue

These are made for people like us....flat feet.

I sold shoes and orthotics for years prior to having a career. They are really nice orthotics.

Posted from my iPhone.

Posts: 4006 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: February 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
+1 on Lynco - many shops have the machine that maps your feet.

I prefer the full length - keep another pair of shoes/boots handy for the first couple of days, and don't be afraid to change until your feet adjust to the supports.

Posts: 1941 | Location: Northern California | Registered: December 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have tried A LOT of "orthotics".
Superfeet are OK, but just barely acceptable to reach my high arches.

Ironically, the best (for me) is the Walkfit.
https://www.walkfit.com/

But they do take a little getting used to at first. It feels like you are stepping on a golf ball. After a while, I don't even notice them.

"Crom is strong! If I die, I have to go before him, and he will ask me, 'What is the riddle of steel?' If I don't know it, he will cast me out of Valhalla and laugh at me."

Posts: 6052 | Registered: September 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post