SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Came across another scary spider so.... kill it with fire!!!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Came across another scary spider so.... kill it with fire!!! Login/Join 
Why don’t you fix your little
problem and light this candle
Picture of redstone
posted
This is the second one of these I have found. I am not sure how to get rid of them so this one I torched in the forge. Which is where I found her tending to her egg sack

This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we'll be lucky to live through it. -Rear Admiral (Lower Half) Joshua Painter Played by Senator Fred Thompson

Posts: 3590 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
Yep...I think that black widow is pretty much taken care of...that is one spider that dosen't receive much quarter from me.

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10586 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That looks like a male Black Widow. Carried one home in some shotgun hulls I picked up. Put the hulls in a 5 gal bucket. Couple of days later started to reach for some hulls and saw him. First time I've seen the male.

Posts: 398 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well done sir!

I found one a little smaller than that in an electrical pull box for a mid field windsock at Muscle Shoals Airport several years ago. I recall lifting the lid and screaming like a little girl!

Posts: 585 | Location: Helena, AL | Registered: July 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Dbltap
posted Hide Post
You can never go wrong with 2000 degrees of dry heat.

Posts: 458 | Registered: August 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dbltap:
You can never go wrong with 2000 degrees of dry heat.

Unless the spider crawls back out....then it is 10mm time from high orbit. Wink

Posts: 3935 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Why don’t you fix your little
problem and light this candle
Picture of redstone
posted Hide Post
It was on the tip of the steel bar and jumped out a few inches as I put it in. I thought it was dead from being sprayed .... kinda startled me. But then the comforting orange flame of it being converted back to heat energy.
Hopefully once I am done with my smithy shed i can keep it treated a little easier.

This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we'll be lucky to live through it. -Rear Admiral (Lower Half) Joshua Painter Played by Senator Fred Thompson

Posts: 3590 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sleepla8er
posted Hide Post

Redstone is a smart guy, unlike the guy in the video below who sets off fireworks and destroys garage trying to kill wasps...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ti_hXadVzLM

Posts: 2856 | Location: San Diego, CA  | Registered: July 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post