SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Passenger Finds Air Marshal’s Loaded Gun on Delta Flight
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Passenger Finds Air Marshal’s Loaded Gun on Delta Flight Login/Join 
posted
A federal air marshal left her loaded gun in an airplane restroom during a transatlantic flight to Kennedy Airport — yet she’s still on the job, it was reported Saturday.

A passenger found the weapon on Delta Flight 221 from Manchester, England, on April 6, and gave it to a flight attendant who returned it to the marshal, CNN said.

Federal Air Marshal Service sources told CNN that the agent should have been placed on leave, but remains on active flight duty.

http://nypost.com/2017/04/23/p...gun-on-delta-flight/

Posts: 387 | Location: NYC | Registered: October 25, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
unbelievable. There should definately be a penalty for doing that, suppose some kid went in there and grabbed it. She should at the very least get leave/suspension for a week or two that's unpaid.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
What a dumb ass.

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10904 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
I at least would have taken the ammunition. 357 Sig is not easy to come by locally. Wink

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
They sound like the USSS and FBI. Seems a lot of federal officers are having trouble keeping up with issued weapons.

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.

Posts: 20319 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
Do not understand anyone's need to take the pistol out of a holster when going to the toilet, police, civilian, man or woman.

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sunset_Va:
Do not understand anyone's need to take the pistol out of a holster when going to the toilet, police, civilian, man or woman.

https://youtu.be/Pp-wRyGHM-o?t=1m59s

Wink

Posts: 21097 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
quote:

Exactly this!

You're in a lockable, one-person closet at 30k feet. Why would you even take your holster off to drop your drawers, let alone remove the gun from the holster (and put it where, exactly, in an airplane bathroom??)???

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
hello darkness
my old friend
Picture of gw3971
posted Hide Post
Its not just the feds. We take several reports every month of this veru thing with citizens and its allways in the bathroom.

Posts: 7724 | Location: West Jordan, Utah | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:

I usually will when taking a dump. I'd rather it not hang down and bang on the floor, so I'll take it out. So far I haven't forgotten it and walked off though...(knock on wood).

Posts: 20081 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Oat_Action_Man:
quote:

Exactly this!

You're in a lockable, one-person closet at 30k feet. Why would you even take your holster off to drop your drawers, let alone remove the gun from the holster (and put it where, exactly, in an airplane bathroom??)???

It makes perfect sense to me. I bet the woman didn't want to sit on the seat so instead squatted over it. A loaded gun in a holster would really drag your pants down and could even pull some of the belt out of its loops creating a condition where the pistol might fall.

And even if she did sit, have any of you guys seen what the floor around an airplane bathroom looks like? There's usually a puddle of piss there. It's a lot easier to keep your pants off the deck without a loaded gun in it's holster. And who wants his or her gun laying down in a puddle of someone else's pee? Not to mention what it does to the nice leather finish of your R Grizzle holster...

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30401 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
It makes perfect sense to me. I bet the woman didn't want to sit on the seat so instead squatted over it. A loaded gun in a holster would really drag your pants down and could even pull some of the belt out of its loops creating a condition where the pistol might fall.

And even if she did sit, have any of you guys seen what the floor around an airplane bathroom looks like? There's usually a puddle of piss there. It's a lot easier to keep your pants off the deck without a loaded gun in it's holster. And who wants his or her gun laying down in a puddle of someone else's pee? Not to mention what it does to the nice leather finish of your R Grizzle holster...

Thanks for the image. LOL Isn't using the bathroom on an airplane kind of like using the ice machine at the hotel for your drinks?

Posts: 17222 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
When you gotta go, you gotta go. I don't think they appreciate you using your soda cup.

Posts: 2479 | Location: WI | Registered: December 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
Just to add a different perspective, my daily carry gun, a Glock 26, rides in a Remora holster. As such, you have to remove the gun and holster before unbelting your britches, for obvious reasons. However, I've never had any issue whatsoever keeping up with it and getting it back into my waistband given what forgetting it in the can could entail.

This broad should be fired on the spot for gross negligence.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gw3971:
Its not just the feds. We take several reports every month of this veru thing with citizens and its allways in the bathroom.
In an airplane crapper?

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30644 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Objectively Reasonable
Picture of DennisM
posted Hide Post
1. Sit on the throne.
2. Place piece in trousers, between your feet.

There's no way... NO way... to stand up & walk away without first retrieving it, unless you're planning to toddle on out into the aisle with your pants around your ankles (and frankly, if you're doing that, I'd prefer that you NOT be armed anyway.)

What's the line? "You had just ONE JOB." Part of that job is NOT providing a loaded Sig to whoever next goes into the lav...

Posts: 2456 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Finders keepers, I say.

Posts: 26893 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Loves His Wife
Picture of BRL
posted Hide Post
I carry a gun every day. More often than not a heavy P226. I suffer from ulcerative colitis which translates to no less than a dozen trips to the throne a day and the closest one is not always the cleanest one. Not once have I felt the need to remove my firearm to keep it or my pants out of the bathroom floor juice.

I could see if you were using a Remora type holster and I don't know what the method of carry was with this lady and it may be different for a woman who has considerably shorter legs than me.

I am not BIPOLAR. I don't even like bears.

Posts: 12932 | Location: Western WI | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:
quote:

I usually will when taking a dump. I'd rather it not hang down and bang on the floor, so I'll take it out. So far I haven't forgotten it and walked off though...(knock on wood).

Not meant to be a TMI reply, but simply lower your pants, refasten belt (not tightly) at just above kneecap, holster and pistol stay put.

But what works for me, may not work for everyone.

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
Well, alls well that ends well. The passenger and flight attendant returned it to the Air Marshall. One would expect the post and cnn to make a big ta do out of it, being a firearm on board a aircraft.

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post