SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Camera Question: Nikon Camera, Sony Lens.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Camera Question: Nikon Camera, Sony Lens. Login/Join 
Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici
Picture of ChuckFinley
posted
Looking to mount an use a manual camera lens built for a Sony E mount on a Nikon camera.

I'm presuming that if I connect it to this

LINK

Techart PRO Autofocus Adapter for Sony E-Mount Lens to Nikon Z-Mount Camera

then it will work normally for a manual lens?

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." -- C.S. Lewis

Posts: 5644 | Location: District 12 | Registered: June 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of radinski
posted Hide Post
According to the reviews on B&H it will. But if you're going to manually focus it would be way less expensive to just buy an adapter for $25-$50 and manually set the exposure also.

Posts: 274 | Location: North Alabama | Registered: January 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ChuckFinley
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the help!

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." -- C.S. Lewis

Posts: 5644 | Location: District 12 | Registered: June 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Per the data provided in that link this adapter WILL maintain the Auto Focus and Auto Exposure functions. So, although a bit expensive it does seem to be a good way to mount your lens to a Nikon Z mount camera. BTW, have you looked at the cost of a Nikon Z line camera, they are a bit on the expensive side.

I've stopped counting.

Posts: 5647 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of maladat
posted Hide Post
That adaptor is for use only with the Nikon Z6 and Z7 full frame mirrorless cameras. It will not work with any other Nikon camera.

Posts: 6319 | Location: CA | Registered: January 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spiritually Imperfect
Picture of VictimNoMore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by radinski:
According to the reviews on B&H it will. But if you're going to manually focus it would be way less expensive to just buy an adapter for $25-$50 and manually set the exposure also.

What he said. I went the other direction (Nikon F mount lens to Sony E mount body) with a $99 adapter from B&H. Worked fine using manual focus only.

Posts: 3805 | Location: WV | Registered: January 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ChuckFinley
posted Hide Post
I knew I'd get the right info here. Thanks all!