SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    I Need Advice on Replacing my Couch Cushions
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I Need Advice on Replacing my Couch Cushions Login/Join 
Picture of mcrimm
posted
I have a leather couch and matching chair that are both very comfortable. Over the years, our collective asses have compressed the cushions. I see lots of ads for replacement foam and looking for a recommendation based on experience from the herd.

Thanks,

Mike

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4224 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
I hear only good things about this Philly-based company on local talk radio and the reviews seem pretty good for them too.

http://www.foamoutlet.com/

Posts: 33807 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
In most major metropolitan areas there is a place that sells raw materials to Upholstery shops and Designers and such. In Phoenix, for instance, it's called Mesa Sales, and though it's been a while since I was there I bet it's still the same... they stock all manner of foam, in different thicknesses and densities, and cut it to order like a fabric store would. I'd look for Upholstery Supply or speak to local Upholstery shops.

Quality foam is not inexpensive, BTW.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
wish we had a foam outlet here, I have a chair that needs new foam cushions.. guess a little google foo is in order...

Posts: 23448 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Went to a local shop with rave reviews. The guy explained the differences between the different grades of foam, how long each would last, etc. It was more than I wanted to spend but less than a new sofa. Easy process.

http://www.famousfoam.com/about.htm

Posts: 4278 | Location: Peoples Republic of Berkeley | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
If you were in New England I'd send you to my sister in law. She does some amazing work.

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the input so far.....

Has anyone purchased replacement cushions over the 'net? I don't have anything in our market. I can see from YouTube videos the process but need to find good foam.

Mike

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4224 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post