SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Best place to find shark teeth in Venice, FL
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Best place to find shark teeth in Venice, FL Login/Join 
Lighten up and laugh
Picture of Ackks
posted
It has been 15 years, but I remember using a Florida snow shovel to look for shark teeth in Venice. It was a lot of fun and I'd like to do it again with my family. Could someone suggest a good spot to find them?

Posts: 7934 | Registered: September 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
North of the jetty, close to Nokomis. Hit the beach at Albee Road W, On the Nokomis Public Beach.

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Yellow Jacket
posted Hide Post
Watch out for the teeth still attached to the sharks. Big Grin

God's mercy: NOT getting what we deserve!
God's grace: Getting what we DON'T deserve!

"If the enemy is in range, so are you." - Infantry Journal

Bob
P239 40 S&W
Endowment NRA
Viet Nam '69-'70

Posts: 1099 | Location: Fayette County, GA | Registered: April 14, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
Caspersen Beach is another spot. Look up what stingray barbs and chrushing plates look like because you may find those as well.

Posts: 10940 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lighten up and laugh
Picture of Ackks
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Johnny 3eagles:
North of the jetty, close to Nokomis. Hit the beach at Albee Road W, On the Nokomis Public Beach.

Thank you! The only thing I remember about where we were before was a shack selling the shovels. Do you know if they still sell them there?

quote:
Originally posted by Yellow Jacket:
Watch out for the teeth still attached to the sharks. Big Grin

Big Grin I will do my best

quote:
Originally posted by trapper189:
Caspersen Beach is another spot. Look up what stingray barbs and chrushing plates look like because you may find those as well.

I will look those up. Thank you! I wish there was a place closer to Sanibel, but it is worth the drive.

Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
posted Hide Post
There are lots of places right near the beach that sells them. Get the ones that have the smaller screen. Fill it and rinse in the surf. Don't forget to dig in the sand in the surf as well. We found some really good sized teeth that way. If there is a red tide, go do something else.

BIDEN SUCKS.

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lighten up and laugh
Picture of Ackks
posted Hide Post
quote:
There are lots of places right near the beach that sells them. Get the ones that have the smaller screen. Fill it and rinse in the surf. Don't forget to dig in the sand in the surf as well. We found some really good sized teeth that way. If there is a red tide, go do something else.

Thank you! I still have the one from 15 years ago, but it would be a lot easier because of the size of the handle to just get a new one.

Do you know if you can find them on any beaches south of Venice? It's funny how the shells go to Sanibel and the fossils go to Venice. It would be great if Captiva had them, but I'm guessing we'll have to take the hour and a half drive.

Picture of Censored
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by trapper189:

Awesome place to find sharks teeth. Make sure you use plenty on sub screen on your back.

Posts: 2223 | Location: United States | Registered: February 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ackks:
quote:

Thank you! I still have the one from 15 years ago, but it would be a lot easier because of the size of the handle to just get a new one.

Do you know if you can find them on any beaches south of Venice? It's funny how the shells go to Sanibel and the fossils go to Venice. It would be great if Captiva had them, but I'm guessing we'll have to take the hour and a half drive.

We found them on the beach in North Carolina.

BIDEN SUCKS.

Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted Hide Post
Spent a day diving there in some shallow water. Maybe 15-20'. Ended up with 50+ small teeth, one small meg tooth and a piece of a whale vertebra. This was all on SCUBA though not from shore.

Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain. Jack Kerouac

Posts: 16399 | Registered: March 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post