SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Over the rainbow bridge. My awful story.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Over the rainbow bridge. My awful story. Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
No one is at fault here. You did your best and overlooked one minor detail. Sending thoughts your way so you can get some clarity on what really happened. Beating yourself up will not be good for anyone in your family.

Posts: 7546 | Registered: October 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One Who Knows
Picture of Brother
posted Hide Post
Wishing you Peace my brother in arms. You loved that tender heart . . . .

Posts: 1587 | Location: Central MO | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
I hesitated to bump this back to the top but I wanted to thank the Sig Forum collective support group for all the kind responses. With a bit of time past by I'm dealing with it better now. Thanks.

My wife has already commented she would like to replace him. I'm fine with that as long as it is another rescue, but I have convinced her to wait until spring.

If it ain't woke... don't fix it.

Posts: 4128 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Joie de vivre
Picture of sig229-SAS
posted Hide Post
Don't beat yourself up to badly over this, you gave CoCo a much better life than he had before and I'm sure he loved you guy's for it. Just try and remember the good times and funny things he may have done. No faults on your part, go easy and be proud of the life you gave him.

Posts: 3850 | Location: 1,960' up in Murphy, NC | Registered: January 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cparktd:
I hesitated to bump this back to the top but I wanted to thank the Sig Forum collective support group for all the kind responses. With a bit of time past by I'm dealing with it better now. Thanks.

My wife has already commented she would like to replace him. I'm fine with that as long as it is another rescue, but I have convinced her to wait until spring.

Glad you are feeling more at peace, and yes, another rescue is obviously the final step in the process Wink

I suggest that since you cared for a dog with unusual needs, you look for a foster dog to adopt that is extremely well behaved and loving to all, especially if you're willing to have the dog indoors with you. You deserve a more care free companion this time, IMO.

My previous dog wasn't particularly good with new people nor dogs. I loved her dearly, but she came with high management requirements, kind of like Co-Co. This go round I have a Boxer that loves everyone, and it fills my heart with joy to see him making new friends all the time, when he's not snuggled up next to me.

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post