SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    "As Seen on TV" products that work
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"As Seen on TV" products that work Login/Join 
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RAMIUS:
I bought these on Amazon 5 minutes after seeing the commercial, because I couldn’t believe what I was seeing.

I was not disappointed, they’re awesome.

Never heard of them but just ordered as I sit here with some gunk on my hands left over from Tuesday’s suspension swap.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25408 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Black92LX:

My only dilemma is how long are soft and hard boiled eggs good for if left in the fridge?

The longest I have left them uncovered in the refrigerator is 24 hours, but they were good then. I'd say longer if you put them in an airtight container.

Posts: 27927 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RAMIUS:

[Big Wipes]

Oooh, I definitely have a use for those, working with grimy cars and chemicals all the time. I don't always want to take the time to go over to the washbasin. I can't stand wearing gloves.

Posts: 27927 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
I always thought he was an Billy Mays-esque independent pitch man they hired for the commercials. No, he isn't. Him and his brother started the company.

quote:
Originally posted by P-220:
Phil Swift is da' man.

Flex seal products I have used, have worked as advertised.

No, I have not tried to repair a boat yet.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
I bet a lot of people have figured out what I'm about to say, but I'll put it out there anyway.

One thing about a lot of this stuff is that it's one brand for generic products coming out of China. If you look on Amazon (or I bet Walmart.com also), you can find other brands of exactly the same stuff, usually half the price of the brand on TV.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There is another egg cooker, they sell at Bed Bath and Beyond that is awesome. It cooks fried eggs or omelets. You cook 2 eggs at a time, put a touch of butter or olive oil in it, crack the egg and empty into each bin, close the lid and microwave for 2 minutes and they come out perfectly. For an omelet you just stir the egg in a bowl, dump it in there and small pieces of veggies or cheese and again microwave for 2 minutes. Best thing I've ever used for $9.99

https://www.bedbathandbeyond.c...microwave-egg-cooker

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
I still like my omelets the old-fashioned way: go to Waffle House. Big Grin You read that right; my local one actually cooks them properly. Smile There aren't many choices for what to put inside of them, but I'm OK with a plain one.

goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
quote:
One thing about a lot of this stuff is that it's one brand for generic products coming out of China. If you look on Amazon (or I bet Walmart.com also), you can find other brands of exactly the same stuff, usually half the price of the brand on TV.

This is true, BUT: I had a conversation with two different people who both happened to have manufacturing done in China. It seems the practice is to make the US-ordered item (at inflated cost), then copy the specs and manufacture it under a different brand to sell below the price of their own customer.
Would like to hear confirmation of this.

Posts: 18044 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sjtill:
quote:

This is true, BUT: I had a conversation with two different people who both happened to have manufacturing done in China. It seems the practice is to make the US-ordered item (at inflated cost), then copy the specs and manufacture it under a different brand to sell below the price of their own customer.

Confirmed. Usually another company goes to the Chinese manufacturer of an established product and says "Make me 10,000 of those," and they do. Sometimes they don't even change the packaging. This has become so common that most US courts will protect the identity of a company's Chinese manufacturer as a trade secret.

Posts: 994 | Location: Tampa | Registered: July 27, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
Grill Daddy... the water on a hot grill grate cleans it really well. Suppose you could just use a spray bottle and a separate brush, but having it all in one makes it easy.

Link

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sjtill:
quote:

This is true, but also the quality is generally even lower on the copy cat product. The US companies product is built to a certain quality level that they have to maintain or the US company won't pay for them or accept them. The Chinese then look at it and say where can we cut corners and the product will still be "sellable" and they do. Most things it doesn't matter, some things it really does.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
That’s the way I heard it also. So the copycat stuff can still be sold cheap on Amazon, but is usually inferior.

Posts: 18044 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
i keep some of the Flex Tape around

it works

-----------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
Flowbee.

Posts: 20081 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
The Magic Bullet. I use it just about every day.

Posts: 45369 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post