SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    These trendy nose rings --- purposeful or only ornamentation?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

These trendy nose rings --- purposeful or only ornamentation? Login/Join 
Picture of RichardC
posted
If the rings keep them from rooting under the fence and getting out on the highway, I guess that's pretty useful.

Posts: 15886 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HayesGreener
posted Hide Post
My thoughts exactly. Mrs Greener and I were watching some singing show and the singer had a nose ring. My first thought was, well they won't have trouble with her rooting up the vegetable garden. Don't remember anything about the song she was singing though.

CMSGT USAF (Retired)
Chief of Police (Retired)

Posts: 4358 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Ice Cream Man
posted Hide Post
As a child I wondered why they needed something to be snubbed to a post.

Posts: 5729 | Location: Republic of Ice Cream, Miami Beach, FL | Registered: May 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
If you see me running
try to keep up
Picture of mrvmax
posted Hide Post
I won't knock people wearing them, earrings and for that matter tattoos have no purpose but are well accepted.

Posts: 4101 | Location: Friendswood Texas | Registered: August 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Personally I think all that piercing crap is just that...crap. Then there's the pseudo stuff like the nose rings. Just as stupid in my book.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16192 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Uppity Helot
posted Hide Post
I must have been born an old man on this issue, but at 47 I think that shit is dumb and have since I was aware of the unfortunate trend 25 years ago.

Posts: 3144 | Location: Manheim, PA | Registered: September 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Optimistic Cynic
Picture of architect
posted Hide Post
Well, once you've gotten all the tats you can stand, and you are still dissatisfied with your own sorry ass, what else are you going to do?

Posts: 6455 | Location: NoVA | Registered: July 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
Let’s you find women with daddy issues.

Posts: 9956 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
They’re a great way to attach the leash or tie them to the hitching post while you go for a drink

Posts: 53165 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post

Posts: 27927 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If you are Xerxes in 465 BC - cool.

Otherwise - your a tool.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Graniteguy,

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If you are single and look at a dating app you will see tons of women tatted up and with nose rings. So despite any natural unattractiveness they might have, along with acquired unattractiveness (obesity), they are active making themselves even more unattractive with the piggy nose rings and the tats. Seriously, middle aged women have lost their minds in an effort to pretend to be young and relevant.

Posts: 4701 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I will never understand why anyone would mutilate themselves with piercings and tattoos.

Some days it's just not worth chewing through the restraints

Posts: 43 | Registered: March 05, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Decorative body mutilations.

Posts: 26893 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You mean it's not a hitch to attach a leader rope?

Posts: 238 | Registered: March 11, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mrvmax:
I won't knock people wearing them, earrings and for that matter tattoos have no purpose but are well accepted.
Tattoos lie flat in the skin; piercings provide handles that can be pulled out forcibly to inflict injury. Big difference. I think it foolish in the extreme to provide new ways one can be hurt.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
But... Couldnt a nose ring get snagged when you are giving.... Never mind!

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16070 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
I walked into a fast food restaurant and the girl taking orders had a ring in her nose, one in her eyebrow, one in her lip and a couple in her ears.

I said, "Been Fishing?" She didn't think that was funny.

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4223 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too soon old,
too late smart
posted Hide Post
Some people have no sense of humor or much of anything else worth having.

Posts: 4757 | Location: Southern Texas | Registered: May 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Joy Maker
Picture of airsoft guy
posted Hide Post
I don't mind nose rings, except the ones that look like a bedazzled Hitler moustache, because they look like a fucking bedazzled Hitler moustache.

quote:
Originally posted by Will938:
If you don't become a screen writer for comedy movies, then you're an asshole.

Posts: 17003 | Location: Washington State | Registered: April 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post