SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Free at last, Hooyah Montana! Added a small book karma
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Free at last, Hooyah Montana! Added a small book karma Login/Join 
Cruising the
Highway to Hell
Picture of 95flhr
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:
It's butt ugly here, the people are all assholes, the weather sucks, the hunting and fishing sucks, and there's nothing to do. And...we're full.

I hear eastern Montana is nice though.

Wink

I had a t-shirt that said in big letters "Montana Sucks" right below it in smaller letters it said, "now go back to California and tell you friends"

“Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.”
― Ronald Reagan

Retired old fart

Posts: 6484 | Location: Near the Beaverdam in VA | Registered: February 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stangosaurus Rex
Picture of Tommydogg
posted Hide Post
Your two Spanish girls story needs some spicing up! Welcome to freedom! Sometimes I think I need an escape! I read Atlas Shrugged around 1982 on a Navy ship out at sea, it wasn't my copy so I don't have one. My dad met the ship in Spain for what they called a Tiger cruise, riding 12 days back from deployment with us. I said, here read this, and he did! Sometimes to this day he will refer to some folks as a looter!

Beth Greene

Posts: 7841 | Location: South Florida | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
I read a borrowed copy decades ago.

I would like to re-read it. Please include me.

If a Kindle version is available, that would be my first choice, otherwise a hard copy.
Tell us more about the girls from Spain. I spent a year and a half working in Barcelona, loved the country, the people, the wine, and the food (I gained way too much weight while living there).

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30650 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
Never read it. I admit freely that I was a big time slacker in HS. Regret it today but did OK despite it. So please include me.

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8099 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Honor and Integrity
posted Hide Post
Please don't include me in the book karma.

Just to put the book in perspective. When my cousin and I drove from Wisconsin to Kalispell, MT it took us thirty hours. He brought along the cassette version of this book and thats all we listened to for the whole trip.

Posts: 2221 | Location: Fitchburg, WI | Registered: March 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:

If a Kindle version is available, that would be my first choice, otherwise a hard copy.
Tell us more about the girls from Spain. I spent a year and a half working in Barcelona, loved the country, the people, the wine, and the food (I gained way too much weight while living there).

Just sent you an Amazon gift for the Kindle version.

Posts: 634 | Registered: March 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by shovelhead:
Never read it. I admit freely that I was a big time slacker in HS. Regret it today but did OK despite it. So please include me.

Sent you an email, reply and I will send you a copy.

If you're gonna be a
bear, be a Grizzly!
Picture of Todd Huffman
posted Hide Post
I've told my wife many times that I'd love to retire to Montana. Never been there, but the scenery looks spectacular and I hear the hunting and fishing is world-class. The only thing stopping me is the winters, and I figure I'd adjust eventually.

Here's to the sunny slopes of long ago.

Posts: 3633 | Location: Morganton, NC | Registered: December 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sooma:
quote:
Originally posted by FN in MT:
Where Ya at?

I just got a place in Big Fork, talking and looking at places to buy around here.

I am from Big Fork. I stillhave crap tons of family all across the state. I spent many a morning fishing off the old bridge (no longer there) across the flathead in Holt. Right next to Kehoes agate shop.

Wonderful area.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sooma:
quote:

Just sent you an Amazon gift for the Kindle version.
Got it. It now lives in the "Classics" collection on my Kindle.

Thank you, thank you!

Uh, we're still waiting to hear more about the girls from Spain.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30650 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man Once
Child Twice
posted Hide Post
I’ve never read it. But sure would like to. Please consider me for paperback copy. Thanks

Posts: 11148 | Location: NE OHIO | Registered: October 22, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
I'm glad you finally found a place to call "home".

I too have never read the book. Please include me for a chance at either version.

Posts: 13678 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
Thank you sooma. Email sent.

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8099 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4859
posted Hide Post
Welcome to Big Sky Country.

-----------------------------
Always carry. Never tell.

Posts: 5772 | Location: Montana  | Registered: May 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

Uh, we're still waiting to hear more about the girls from Spain.

Hahaha, pretty sure those girls became bear food, they were so ill prepared.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Todd Huffman:
I've told my wife many times that I'd love to retire to Montana. Never been there, but the scenery looks spectacular and I hear the hunting and fishing is world-class. The only thing stopping me is the winters, and I figure I'd adjust eventually.

As a brand new guy, I don't know about all that, but after catching 2 whole trout just screwing around, I can absolutely say fishing is incredible. Big Grin

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sigfest:
I’ve never read it. But sure would like to. Please consider me for paperback copy. Thanks

Email sent

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Warhorse:
I'm glad you finally found a place to call "home".

I too have never read the book. Please include me for a chance at either version.

Email sent and you are the last one!

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 4859:
Welcome to Big Sky Country.

Love every part of it!

Republican in training
Picture of DonDraper
posted Hide Post
I'm jealous. I spent my summers outside of West Glacier, mostly living near Lake 5. Tons of relatives still right in that area, few of them own the KOA in West Glacier. Things are just starting to crank up for the summer there. The plows reached the top of Logan pass in the last few days.

--------------------
I like Sigs and HK's, and maybe Glocks

Posts: 2268 | Location: SC | Registered: March 16, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post