SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Former Blackwater USA boss slams Obama for putting him under ‘illegal’ surveillance
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Former Blackwater USA boss slams Obama for putting him under ‘illegal’ surveillance Login/Join 
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted
Erik Prince, the one-time Blackwater USA chief who had a remote role in the Donald Trump campaign, told the House Intelligence Committee that the Barrack Obama administration had him under surveillance and “that’s illegal.”

The committee on Wednesday released a transcript of Mr. Prince’s Nov. 30 testimony in which he talked about a business trip to the Indian Ocean country of Seychelles to hold a summit with United Arab Emirates business partners.

At the Jan. 11, 2017 meeting, he said he was introduced to a Russian fund manger, Kirill Dmitriev, with whom he had an unscheduled 30-minute discussion at a bar.

Any person connected with Mr. Trump who has met with a Russian is susceptible to investigation.
He expressed dismay that Democrats want to investigate a private citizen meeting well after the election, if the purpose of the inquiry has been supposed Russian-Trump election collusion.

The Washington Post ran a story about his trip last April.

“What really bothers me and what I would hope the intelligence committee is doing is question why Americans that were caught up in the waves of signals intelligence, why on Earth would the Washington Post be running an article on any meeting that a private citizen, me, was having in a foreign country?” the former Navy SEAL testified.

“That’s illegal. That is a political abuse of the intelligence infrastructure. And that is really dangerous, especially as this committee and the Congress thinks about reauthorizing very wide-ranging intelligence authorities to dig into private Americans electronic communications of any sort.”

He said he was told that an Obama national security council staffer leaked the story to the Post.
The Washington Times reported on Wednesday about Obama national security aides making long, concerted efforts in public and private to damage President Trump as candidate, president-elect and president.

Mr. Prince was surveilled in the closing days of the Obama administration.

The administration opened a counter-intelligence investigation into the Trump campaign in July 2016. The FBI based it in part on a Democratic Party-funded dossier filled with unproven allegations against Trump and his people.

Mr. Prince said he had an unofficial limited role in the campaign. He submitted a few policy papers to adviser Steven Bannon. He met Mr. Trump briefly at a fund raiser photo op.
Mr. Prince sold his Blackwater USA security firm which was relied on greatly by the military and diplomats overseas. He is now a global businessman and private equity firm member.

There have been media reports he proposed a private spy service for the U.S. government. White House Press Secretary Sarah Sanders said there is no such proposal being weighed.

Link

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
I would say Obama's legacy is the "highest rated illegal acts" president in history.

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8353 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jbcummings
posted Hide Post
You could play conspiracy “what if’s” with a lot of what Obama’s administration did and to some extent is still doing. He will never spend a day behind bars and neither will Hillary or Bill. While I agree with uncovering everything this cabal did, in reality, it only serves to raise my blood pressure and make me sick. I have come do distrust anything done by 99.9% regardless of which side of the isle they come from.

———-
Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for thou art crunchy and taste good with catsup.

Posts: 4306 | Location: DFW | Registered: May 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
When Erik Prince speaks, I listen. Thanks for posting that, JALLEN, I wasn't aware that he actively supported Trump, although I'm not at all surprised.

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9158 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by newtoSig765:
When Erik Prince speaks, I listen. Thanks for posting that, JALLEN, I wasn't aware that he actively supported Trump, although I'm not at all surprised.

His sister is Betsy DeVos, Secretary of Education.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by downtownv:
I would say Obama's legacy is the "highest rated illegal acts" president in history.

The one area where he excelled.

Causing people to buy guns is second.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31436 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JALLEN:
His sister is Betsy DeVos, Secretary of Education.

If I knew that, I forgot, so thanks for the reminder. Impressive! I know she married into the Amway family, also an impressive group.

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9158 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post