SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Restaurants in Louisville KY.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Restaurants in Louisville KY. Login/Join 
posted
I am going to be in Louisville this week.I will be at the Knob Creek shoot on Friday and Saturday. Is there any special restaurant I should try in or near Louisville? Something unique to the area? Any breakfast spots I should not miss? Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks, Ironworker.

Posts: 621 | Location: northern VA. | Registered: August 18, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
Game!!
Enough Said.
http://wildgameburgers.com

I always eat there when in Louisville. Sometimes I’ll hit Havanah Rumba as the folks I am usually with enjoy it. While good Cuban food I don’t think it is anything special.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25421 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victim of Life's
Circumstances
Picture of doublesharp
posted Hide Post
Mike Linnigs seafood is a Louisville icon. Dine inside or out with about a thousand of your closest friends. They know how to handle a crowd and their fried seafood is a step above the usual. Near Knob Creek, too.

If I want a good steak it's Ruth Chris for me but there is also a Mortons and Jeff Ruby's. A non chain old school steakhouse is Pat's Steakhouse and it's very good.

Posts: 4697 | Location: Sunnyside of Louisville | Registered: July 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm kind of partial to this place:

http://doccrows.com/

Enjoy your trip.

Posts: 2096 | Location: Bowling Green, KY | Registered: January 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think you might enjoy a scattering of new restaurants on what is now known as “Whiskey Row”, centering near the new Omni Hotel and located on both East Main and West Main Street- Proof on Main is one of these, along with Jack Ruby’s, Morton’s, restaurants in the Galt House (two towers}
A second location for trendy and good restaurants is along Bardstown Road between Eastern Parkway and East Broadway, and Eastern Parkway to Taylorsville Road. Three of my favorites along that area of Bardstown Road include Jack Fry’s, The Bristol Bar and Grill, and the Uptown Cafe. Check out Fourth Street Live if you have an extra minute or two.

Louisville is a town of lots of fine places to eat, plus Churchill Downs. Enjoy Knob Creek and enjoy your visit.

Blackhouse4

Posts: 87 | Location: North central Kentucky | Registered: October 30, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HayesGreener
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Black92LX:
Game!!
Enough Said.
http://wildgameburgers.com

I always eat there when in Louisville. Sometimes I’ll hit Havanah Rumba as the folks I am usually with enjoy it. While good Cuban food I don’t think it is anything special.

This! Outstanding, a must go for me when in Louisville. All manner of wild beasts to consume.

CMSGT USAF (Retired)
Chief of Police (Retired)

Posts: 4358 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I like Mimi's on Hurstbourne for breakfast. I take the grandson there a couple times a month.

Posts: 17144 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Loaded Round:
I'm kind of partial to this place:

http://doccrows.com/

Enjoy your trip.

Another vote for doc crows. Get the deep fried smoked chicken.

What man is a man that does not make the world better. -Balian of Ibelin

Only boring people get bored. - Ruth Burke

Posts: 8227 | Registered: September 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You don’t fix faith,
River. It fixes you.

Picture of Yanert98
posted Hide Post
Jeff Ruby's Steakhouse is a great restaurant. I hit it every time I'm in town.

----------------------------------
"If you are not prepared to use force to defend civilization, then be prepared to accept barbarism.." - Thomas Sowell

Posts: 2673 | Location: Migrating with the Seasons | Registered: September 26, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Normality Contraindicated
Picture of italia
posted Hide Post
Haven't been there in years, but Pat's Steakhouse was the quintessential gentleman's steakhouse. Waiters in white coats who have worked there for decades. Pricey, but a classic.

------------------------------------------------------
Though we choose between reality and madness
It's either sadness or euphoria

Posts: 2988 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: January 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Republican in training
Picture of DonDraper
posted Hide Post
Feast BBQ downtown is not too bad. Plus they have Big Red soda on tap.

--------------------
I like Sigs and HK's, and maybe Glocks

Posts: 2268 | Location: SC | Registered: March 16, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks to everyone that replied. I got to Louisville Thursday and went to Doc Crows. It was very good. I talked to the waitress and she recommended The Brown Hotel. She said something called "The Hot Brown" was unique to Louisville. I tried it Friday. It was good, but not spectacular. I had walked all around Knob Creek Friday and Saturday and was leaving Sunday A.M. so I went to a place by the hotel Saturday night. Martin's BBQ. It was all right, but I get better BBQ around here. Thanks again to everyone who replied.

Posts: 621 | Location: northern VA. | Registered: August 18, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Normality Contraindicated
Picture of italia
posted Hide Post
Cool. A Hot Brown from the Brown Hotel is kind of like a pastrami sandwich from Katz Deli in NYC - it's the iconic sandwich of the city.

Martin's is out of Nashville. They do a nice job with a whole hog cook on Saturdays at the original Nashville location.

------------------------------------------------------
Though we choose between reality and madness
It's either sadness or euphoria

Posts: 2988 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: January 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by italia:
Cool. A Hot Brown from the Brown Hotel is kind of like a pastrami sandwich from Katz Deli in NYC - it's the iconic sandwich of the city.

Martin's is out of Nashville. They do a nice job with a whole hog cook on Saturdays at the original Nashville location.

I've got a unique perspective I would like to share on this. I was born and grew up in Louisville then I went to college at a small Christian college in West Tennessee (think Buford Pusser & Walking Tall, the original editions. In fact some of the scenes of the first two movies were filmed in and around our little campus).
This was the early 80's. On Friday and Saturday afternoon and evenings we would drive east about 15-20 miles on HWY 100 to a little crossroads called Jack's Creek. There were two little shacks (and I do mean SHACKS) on the side of the road where the locals would start smoking a whole hog on Thursdays. You could see the smoke rising from the shacks as we topped a hill more than a mile away. As we would pile out of our car, the low hanging smoke tantalized our nostrils with the sweet aroma of hickory. Then we would open the door to the shack, walk up to the counter and order our pulled pork sandwiches. The guy behind the counter would take our order then grab some buns and turn to the hog that was slowly turning on the spit behind him to pull the delectable meat straight off the hog! We would grab a coke and maybe a bag of chips and sit down at one of the few tables in the shack. The tables had two sauces that you could choose from, mild and hot. I would always get two sandwiches and make one mild and one hot. For college boys, that was a real treat that we all would look forward to at the end of the week.
Fast forward about 2.5 decades and my daughter is living in Nashville as she attends pharmacy school at Lipscomb University. My wife and I go visit (we live about an hour north in Bowling Green, KY) and take her out for supper. We let her choose and she picks a BBQ place called Martin's. As we are eating our meal, we wife points out a pamphlet that is on the table with the napkins and sauces. It tells the history of Martin's and says that they started out smoking whole hogs in JACK CREEK, TN! Now our food was quite tasty that evening and I have been back to Martin's several times since (even at a Martin's in Louisville as my brother and son live there), but my memories of those hand pulled pork sandwiches in Jack's Creek sure taste sweeter. Maybe it's just wishful thinking to go back in time and be young again and enjoy my college road trips to Jacks Creek BBQ!

Posts: 375 | Location: The Dark And Bloody Ground | Registered: July 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Deqlyn:
deep fried smoked chicken.

Add that to the list of things I didn't know I needed until now.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post
My family and I were there also. Got a little chilly for me. My 10 year old daughter rode the Huey with me. We found an awesome Cuban restaurant called Havana Rumba. Outstanding.

Posts: 6011 | Location: TN | Registered: February 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post